Q. I have premature ejaculation and my tests are normal. Is it due to prostatitis?

Answered by
Dr. Aman Gupta
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 10, 2019

Hello doctor,

I am 26 years old and I developed premature ejaculation out of nowhere around a year ago. Before that time I was the complete opposite. It used to take me too long then, I thought something was wrong with me. Now I can barely last three minutes. And it is weird because sometimes I can cum without even penetrating or touching my penis. I went to the urologist and got tested for STD, ultrasound testicle and bacterial lab test and everything came back normal. But for some reason, I feel like he has something to do with prostate or something because I have tried the cream and that did not work. So it is not a sensitivity issue, it feels like it is something going on in my penis tubes and my prostate. I think I may have prostatitis and the doctors just do not know. Please help.

Dr. Aman Gupta

Andrology Urology


Welcome to icliniq.com.

First and foremost thing do not panic. That is the most damaging thing in your problems. Prostatitis generally does not cause premature ejaculation. Sometimes premature ejaculation can develop in case the frequency of intercourse is not much or because of stress. Symptoms of prostatitis are pain or discomfort in the urethra, discomfort in balls, lower back or lower part of abdomen, pain in thighs, painful ejaculation. Even these symptoms get aggravated by stress.

PME is only a problem if it is causing distress in the relationship with your partner repeatedly. The timing of three minutes is not abnormal. So stop bothering about the timing unless it is causing a problem in your sex life. Treatment of PME is tablet Dapoxetine 30 mg SOS before sexual activity or local anesthesia (lignocaine) gels or sprays on the penis to be applied a few minutes before sexual activity. In the absence of other symptoms as mentioned above, I do not think you have prostatitis.

Was this answer helpful?


Ask a QueryAsk a Query Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

I have premature ejaculation after getting circumcised. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor,I had phimosis, so I got circumcised two years ago. But now, I have premature ejaculation after circumcision. I also have loss of sensation in my penis. Before circumcision, I enjoyed masturbating, but now I do not feel such enjoyment. What can I do? Was the decision to get circumcised wro...  Read Full »

Is PAP test valid for screening prostatitis symptoms?

Query: Hi doctor, I asked my doctor to do PSA test. The PSA came back normal at 1.0 ng/mL. However, he also did prostatic acid phosphatase test which was high at 4.5 ng/mL. My question is whether prostatic acid phosphatase test is valid for screening or not? Should I need to do these tests again? I had pr...  Read Full »



Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Urologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.
Enter Your Health Query
You can upload files and images in the next step.



Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.