Q. Is it safe to use Dapoxetine daily after marriage?

Dr. Bharat Udey
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 29, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 29, 2018

I am a 33 year old unmarried male. I have severe problem of premature ejaculation (less than a minute). Once I tried Dapoxetine 30 mg and it worked well. My marriage is going to be fixed soon. Is it safe to use Dapoxetine daily? If yes, for how many years can I continue the tablet? Or after some months of use, will I be able to have control over my ejaculation for many years? Please help.

#

• Yes, definitely you can use Dapoxetine regularly after marriage. However, before considering for Dapoxetine therapy, you need to be sure about the diagnosis.
  • Dapoxetine is usually prescribed for about four to six months and then gradually tapered off.
  • Premature ejaculation is diagnosed only if consistently you have an intravaginal ejaculation latency time less than a minute associated with frequent complaints of dissatisfaction by your partner and causing distress to you as well.
  • Besides Dapoxetine, Paroxetine is also safe to use. However, long-term use of Dapoxetine or Paroxetine alone can lead to reduced penile- tumescence (penis erect spontaneously during sleep); hence you need to take Tetrahydrofolate (THF) combinations along with it to improve penile blood supply.
  • Besides this, to further improve your sexual performance you need to improve your knowledge about sex.
  • Maintain a healthy diet, regular workout and avoid substance abuse such as alcohol.

For further information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

|