iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersSexologypremature ejaculationI have had premature ejaculation for three years. Kindly help.

What is the treatment for premature ejaculation?


The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At April 4, 2024
Reviewed AtApril 4, 2024

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

I am a 19-year-old suffering from premature ejaculation for three years. The condition had only been worsening as days passed. Kindly suggest a proper treatment.

Thank you.

Answered by Dr. Raveendran S R


I can understand your concern

There are many reasons for premature ejaculation.

  1. Stressful work: Night duties, twenty-four-hour jobs.
  2. Diabetes, hypertension, and thyroid issues affect premature ejaculation. Keeping your blood sugar, blood pressure, and thyroid hormones under control will help you.
  3. On long-term medication related to hypertension and anti-psychiatric medications.
  4. Frequent masturbation or prone masturbation.
  5. Excess porn.
  6. Receiving less foreplay from a partner or lack of knowledge regarding foreplay and female masturbation
  7. Having an affair gives you a guilty feeling
  8. Lack of exercise and obesity.

I suggest you follow the below-mentioned instructions:

  1. Check for FBS (Fasting blood sugar) and PPBS (post-prandial blood sugar) to rule out diabetes.
  2. Check your blood pressure.
  3. Get tested for the levels of thyroid hormones to rule out thyroid issues.
  4. Take a tablet of Duralast (Dapoxetine) 30 mg as a temporary solution.
  5. To Increase the foreplay duration during intercourse, women should receive 15 to 20 minutes of foreplay, and men should receive 10 to 15 minutes of foreplay for a good blood supply to the penis for a long and hard erection. Foreplay should be relaxed manner. Your partner should learn to give foreplay in a way you don’t ejaculate and enjoy.
  6. Try listening to relaxing music.
  7. Delay condoms can help you.

Kindly consult a specialist, talk to them, and take the medications with their consent.

I hope this information will help you.

Thank you.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Raveendran S R
Dr. Raveendran S R


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy