Q. My period has been going on for 15 days, and my breasts are sore. What to do?

Dr. Monika Meena
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 16, 2020 and last reviewed on: Aug 03, 2020

Female, 5’8”, 23 years old. About 190-20lbs. My period has been going on for 15 days including today and still has not stopped. My breasts are still sore even while bleeding which is not normal for me. My periods are generally regular.

Dr. Monika Meena

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Hi, Welcome here.

Did you happen to miss your periods in the previous 1-2 months? may be just a few days overdue? as you say you have regular periods so far. How heavy is your bleeding?

Have you had unprotected sexual contact prior to this period? are there any chances of you getting pregnant?

The common causes of irregular periods are pregnancy, which needs to be ruled out by your detailed history and may be a urine pregnancy test. It might be possible that you concieved , be it biological only and then you had the early miscarriage. sometimes, retained bit in uterus may lead to heavy bleeding.

Other causes involve any local or pelvic infections which may lead to irregularities and changes in blood flow. others are stress, environment changes, dietary changes.

one important cause which is relatively common in reproductive age group is hormonal imbalance, which may lead to anovulatory cycles and irregularities in the length and duration of flow.

Revert back with the above details to.enable me to help you better . Hope it helps. Have a great day

|