Q. My period has been going on for 15 days, and my breasts are sore. What to do?

Dr. Monika Meena
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 16, 2020 and last reviewed on: Aug 03, 2020

Female, 5’8”, 23 years old. About 190-20lbs. My period has been going on for 15 days including today and still has not stopped. My breasts are still sore even while bleeding which is not normal for me. My periods are generally regular.

#

Hi, Welcome here.

Did you happen to miss your periods in the previous 1-2 months? may be just a few days overdue? as you say you have regular periods so far. How heavy is your bleeding?

Have you had unprotected sexual contact prior to this period? are there any chances of you getting pregnant?

The common causes of irregular periods are pregnancy, which needs to be ruled out by your detailed history and may be a urine pregnancy test. It might be possible that you concieved , be it biological only and then you had the early miscarriage. sometimes, retained bit in uterus may lead to heavy bleeding.

Other causes involve any local or pelvic infections which may lead to irregularities and changes in blood flow. others are stress, environment changes, dietary changes.

one important cause which is relatively common in reproductive age group is hormonal imbalance, which may lead to anovulatory cycles and irregularities in the length and duration of flow.

Revert back with the above details to.enable me to help you better . Hope it helps. Have a great day

| 

What causes swelling in tits?

Query: Hello doctor, Just as of today my nipples have got swollen and my boobs are tender to touch. It started less than an hour ago. I had headache all day. As far as I am aware, I am not sure what is going on? I never had this issue before. Please help.  Read Full »

Does ectopic pregnancy cause heavy bleeding, spotting, and abdominal pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 21 years old. I decided to contact you because I do not know what to do. I had sex with my husband, and then we found out that he had a chlamydia infection. Since then, I am feeling sick all the time. My stomach was hurting a lot, and I had problems with passing urine, and it sta...  Read Full »

Does taking Krimson cause heavy bleeding?

Query: Hello doctor,I have PCOS and I visited a dermatologist for acne and hirsutism profile. She suggested me Krimson 35 for 21 days and Aldactone 50 for three months. I am on my fourth day of my periods and my bleeding had reduced but when I consumed Krimson 35 before going to sleep my bleeding increased...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»