Q. My period has been going on for 15 days, and my breasts are sore. What to do?

Dr. Monika Meena
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 16, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 30, 2021

I am a 23-year-old female with a weight of 86 kilograms. I have periods for more than 15 days including today and still, it has not stopped. My breasts are still sore. Generally, my periods are regular.

#

Please mention whether you have missed your periods in the previous months. Please mention whether your bleeding is heavy. Please mention whether you had any unprotected sexual contact before getting this period. Please mention whether you have any chances to have pregnancy. The common cause of irregular periods is pregnancy. It needs to be ruled out by doing a urine pregnancy test. You have a possibility of being conceived and after that, you seem to have an early miscarriage. Sometimes, a retained bit in the uterus can also cause heavy bleeding. The other causes can be any local or pelvic infections. It can lead to irregularities and changes in blood flow. The other causes can be stress, environmental changes, and dietary changes. The other common cause is hormonal imbalance. It is common in the reproductive age group and it leads to anovulatory cycles, irregularities in length and duration of flow. Revert with the above details to help you better.

|