Q. What is the cause for increased albumin in blood?

My uncle has +3 albumin in his blood. He is not hypertensive and diabetic. What is the reason for the increase in albumin? What is the treatment? I have attached his reports.

#

• I have evaluated his report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and his urine test shows the presence of RBC (red blood cells) and protein in his urine. This is serious and requires attention.
  • The most common causes are diabetes and hypertension, so they have to be ruled out. So, the possibility of kidney infection and kidney stones are there. There are high chances of having glomerulonephritis like nephritic syndrome.
  • He needs an ultrasound of the abdomen and other blood tests like kidney function tests, complement levels, and ANA (anti-nuclear antibody). He should visit a nephrologist soon and get evaluated. If all tests are clear, then he may need a kidney biopsy.

I hope it helps you. If you have any further query, please ask me.

For more information consult a nephrologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/nephrologist

Thank you very much. But is it a very serious condition? Is it life-threatening?

#

• This answer can only be given after I know the diagnosis. At present, I can just say that this should be taken seriously. If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask me.

For further queries consult a nephrologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/nephrologist

|