Common "Psychological Effects" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Psychological Effects

The effects of both physical and psychosocial (mental) health are always considered when determining the etiology of an illness or treatment outcome. The term "psychological effect" refers to those effects that alter physical health by affecting the function of consciousness, feeling, or motivation. The most common health-associated psychological effects are stress, anxiety, depression, increased hunger, and sleep disturbances.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

I have intrusive thoughts after violent movies. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, Are violent video games and other visual entertainment terrible for people with schizophrenia, or does it depend from person to person? For example, I possibly have mild to medium schizophrenia that manifests in foolish and intrusive thoughts. I did not observe being affected by violen...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Thank you for consulting with us. A person who has schizophrenia has difficulty differentiating between virtual and real life. People suffering from mild symptoms will not have any problem with video games or violent movies. However, a schizophrenic patient gets violent ...  Read Full »

My fiance acts weird due to previous trauma. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, I just want to know what kind of mental illness my fiance has. When she was 11, her mom's fiance shot her in front of my fiance and when he turned the shot gun on himself he told her to look. I just want to know if that could be a reason for why she acts a little weird and off sometim...  Read Full »

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnui

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Yes, if she has witnessed such life threatening trauma in her young age, she might act weird sometimes. But that does not mean that she has any psychiatric illness. You should focus on your relationship with her and give her proper time and she will come out of her psy...  Read Full »

How can I help my husband improve his skills in oral sex?

Query: Hello doctor,My husband has a shorter penis, measuring around 3.5 inches after erection. He is not skilled in oral sex either. When he fingers me, it feels more like a duty rather than something he enjoys. This situation does not make me feel positive; instead, it makes me feel uncomfortable, negati...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Answer: Hello,Welcome to of all, I would like to inform you that having a smaller-sized penis may only have psychological disadvantages and not real physical disadvantages, as a penis as small as 3 inches can still stimulate all the sensitive areas of the female vagina. However, the size o...  Read Full »

Could the bleeding and sensation I experience while flossing be a sign of internal tooth decay?

Query: Hello, doctor,When I floss the gums between my top right third teeth, it gives me great satisfaction and encourages me to floss with more pressure. I do feel some sensation, but it is not sensitivity. However, I noticed that it bleeds quite a bit during this process. I do not experience the same sen...  Read Full »

Dr. Purva Jingar

Answer: Hello,Welcome to understand your concern. I advise you to avoid flossing between your teeth if it is causing psychological satisfaction or making you feel violent. While flossing is generally good for oral hygiene, if it triggers such emotions, it may indicate a psychological aspect at...  Read Full »

I get only partial erection during intercourse. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 40-year-old male. I am married with two kids. I have been experiencing erection problems for the past eight months. I am able to get erection most of the time but it doest last until intercourse. My morning erections have disappeared. I have no diabetic history, no blood pressure...  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Jairath

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have some questions from my side. Do partial erection occurs only during intercourse or during masturbation? Are you able to insert during intercourse or that is also not possible? Do you have any history of diabetes or hypertension? Are you a smoker or alcoholic?  Read Full »

Can stress lead to an erection problem during intercourse?

Query: Hello, I got married two weeks ago. Everything was fine before marriage and still fine but getting problem in erection just at the time of intercourse from day first. Firstly I think it is because of so much travel and tiredness it is happening. But still the same, it erected fully during foreplay a...  Read Full »

Dr. Dwipannita Kalita

Answer: Hi, Welcome to From what I can understand after reading your problem is I can say that it is mostly psychological since you said that you think too much regarding how to proceed which puts a lot performance pressure and in the end it gets stressed out. It is a very natural and common to...  Read Full »

I have had eye tics for the last two years and ophthalmic test results are normal. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, I developed an eye tic two years back, where I was forcefully blinking my right eye. I did this for around five months which affected my daily life. Then, with the practice of meditation and breathing exercise, the tic reduced drastically. But I think it altered the movements of my rig...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Abaz Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I understand your concern and recommend starting Gabapentin or low-dose Clonazepam to help release muscle tension. Another possible treatment option is Fluvoxamine, which can help treat OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder) and psychogenic tics like in your case. I ho...  Read Full »

We are newly married, and we hardly have healthy sex. How to overcome this?

Query: Hello doctor, I got married one year ago. And we have sex occasionally, like maybe once in a month that too once my husband obtains an erection. It is always me who gets upset and fight when he comes close. We are newly married, and I hardly experienced a healthy sexual life. Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnui

Answer: Hi, Welcome to If he is not regular in sex, then there is a need for evaluation. Having sex once or twice a month is not sufficient. If his erections are poor, try to talk with him and find out if anything is bothering him. Also, get his serum testosterone levels done to rule out ...  Read Full »

Why do I experience brain fog only during the day?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 20 years old and have been having several issues lately that have really been bothering me. The first one started back in September. I started leaking urine. This issue is still going on and has not stopped. I went and saw a doctor, and they gave me some antibiotics and thought i...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Abaz Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I passed carefully through your question and would recommend performing a brain MRI (magnetic resonance imaging), which is a more accurate test compared to the CT scan and does not impose the risk of radiation. I would also recommend checking thyroid hormone levels a...  Read Full »

Can a brain tumor cause transient blindness and headache?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 50-year-old male. I think I have a brain tumor. I am getting an MRA tomorrow. Will this confirm? Then what? I have occasional transient blindness in the left eye when bending over and standing back up for approximately 10 seconds to two minutes hurts a little to touch, with dull p...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Abaz Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I would explain that the symptoms are not suggestive of a brain tumor. Vascular disease of the brain (blood vessels) could mimic this situation. For this reason, an MRA (magnetic resonance angiography test) has been prescribed. Another issue to consider would be sinu...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.