Psychological Effects

Can stress lead to an erection problem during intercourse?

Query: Hello, i got married 2 weeks ago,everything was fine before marriage and still fine but getting problem in erection just at the time of intercourse from day first,firstly i think beacuse of so much travel and tiredness its happening but still the same,it erected fully during foreplay and everything...  Read Full »

Dr. Dwipannita Kalita

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, From what I can understand after reading your problem, all I can say is that it’s mostly psychological since you said that you think too much regarding how to proceed which puts a lot performance pressure and in the end it gets stressed out. It’s very natural and common to face such ...  Read Full »

Can a brain tumor cause transient blindness and headache?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 50-year-old male. I think I have a brain tumor. I am getting an MRA tomorrow. Will this confirm? Then what? I have occasional transient blindness in the left eye when bending over and standing back up for approximately 10 seconds to two minutes hurts a little to touch, with dull p...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would explain that the symptoms are not suggestive of a brain tumor. Vascular disease of the brain (blood vessels) could mimic this situation. For this reason, an MRA (magnetic resonance angiography test) has been prescribed. Another issue to consider would be sinu...  Read Full »

How to find whether a structural deformity is a real or a perceived abnormality?

Query: Hi doctor,I have a structural deformity that no one seems to understand. I feel very self-conscious about this, and it is clear that something is wrong with my legs.  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for posting a query. From your description, it appears that you are very much concerned about your leg deformity that others do not pay any attention to. First of all, I would like to tell you that the deformity is quite possible as it is caused by various condi...  Read Full »

I get only partial erection during intercourse. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 40-year-old male. I am married with two kids. I have been experiencing erection problems for the past eight months. I am able to get erection most of the time but it doest last until intercourse. My morning erections have disappeared. I have no diabetic history, no blood pressure...  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Jairath

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have some questions from my side. Do partial erection occurs only during intercourse or during masturbation? Are you able to insert during intercourse or that is also not possible? Do you have any history of diabetes or hypertension? Are you a smoker or alcoholic?  Read Full »

How do lowering the dose of Xanax plays a role in psychologial effects?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been taking 4 mg of Xanax a day to treat severe panic attack syndrome and associated high levels of general anxiety for 15 years. My doctor arrived at the 4 mg per day amount gradually and it works very well along with CBT from a therapist. Before two months, when I received the...  Read Full »

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are a few clarifications and advice that I need to make. Reducing the dosage of Alprazolam results in Alprazolam withdrawal. A reduction by 25% is unlikely to be physically dangerous but the withdrawal symptoms are going to be highly unpleasant. The anxiety ...  Read Full »

How to control my constant urge for anal masturbation?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a problem with sex related to long anal masturbution and it is causing my life at risk. I cannot concentrate properly on my studies. I am feeling constantly with my anus. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Asma Sajid

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query but it is not very clear. You have not mentioned how many times you masturbate or if it is causing problems other than psychological, and the exact nature of these psychological issues. However, I will address the last part directly where you fee...  Read Full »

I had one psychotic episode after stressful week and recovered from it quickly. Am I still a patient?

Query: Hello doctor,Can you please tell me if there are examples of patients in the books of psychiatry that suffered only with one acute brief psychotic episode (F23) and were completely cured. And never relapsed during their lifetime or if there is a survey over that and a percentage. I had one back befo...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. You had acute transient psychosis versus acute stress reaction with psychotic symptoms. We all break down under unusual stresses. In all individuals, this threshold may be different. Some shows very profound breakdown like psychotic symptom...  Read Full »

I have premature ejaculation. Kindly tell the cure and immediate steps to be taken.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a problem of premature ejaculation. I have been masturbating since I was 14. Now, when I masturbate, I am not able to last for more than 30 seconds. I was never able to last more than a minute till now and it has now reduced further. Kindly tell me the cure and immediate steps ...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand that it is probably due to anxiety and psychological reasons you are having this problem. It is normal during masturbation to see early ejaculation, but the time will automatically increase during sex. No need to worry about that. Time during masturba...  Read Full »

My fiance had witnessed a life-threatening trauma in her young age. Is it causing her to act weird sometimes?

Query: Hello doctor, I just want to know what kind of mental illness my fiance has. When she was 11, her mom's fiance shot her in front of my fiance and when he turned the shot gun on himself he told her to look. I just want to know if that could be a reason for why she acts a little weird and off sometim...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, if she has witnessed such life threatening trauma in her young age, she might act weird sometimes. But that does not mean that she has any psychiatric illness. You should focus on your relationship with her and give her proper time and she will come out of her ...  Read Full »

There is penile movement when I concentrate on my penis. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have semen in urine sometimes. While sitting or lying if I concentrate on my penis, I start having strokes. I cannot control in the flaccid position. While I do sit-ups there is a movement in the penis. It started from nightfall and my urge of not to masturbate. It is because of dep...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Lack of masturbation and lack of sex results in a spontaneous flow of semen via urine. This occurs in order to allow new sperm to form. This is a normal phenomenon and this does not cause any effects on health. This will not result in w...  Read Full »