Q. What can be the cause of breathlessness when climbing stairs?

Dr. Amiya Kumar Chattopadhyay

I have been suffering from a problem of breathlessness when I climb stairs. I got an angiography done two years back. The concerned cardiologist said there is no problem except for a sluggish blood flow. He recommended Ecosprin for two months. But the problem persists.

#

• For your breathlessness when climbing the stairs, I suggest you do a PFT (pulmonary function test) to evaluate the lung function as sometimes this type of problem may be due to a lung problem.

For further queries consult a cardiologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

I am attaching herewith the lung function test report (conducted two years back) along with the notings of my pulmonologist. According to him, there is no problem with the lungs. Also attached herewith are my routine blood tests conducted five months ago. Please advise.

#

I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• Are you overweight? If so, reduce your weight to achieve a BMI of around 24. This may help in reducing your breathlessness.
  • Your PFT (pulmonary function test) reports are alright. So, that indicates there is no lung problem.
  • You have a vitamin D deficiency and mild anemia. Get it treated.

For more information consult a cardiologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

|