Q. What is a blood blister and how can it be treated?

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy
Published on Apr 03, 2018

I have a tiny red dot on the bottom of my pinky toe. It seems to be some blood blister. If it pops, it will bleed forever. It will not go away. What is it and how do I get it to go away?

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Dermatology Venereology
#

I saw your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

It is called pyogenic granuloma which is a lobular capillary hemangioma. It is a collection of capillaries and is not contagious or infectious. Usually seen on hands, feet, and face. It bleeds on trauma. The treatment is the removal of the lesion. You will have to meet dermatologist to get it removed. After numbing the area with Lidocaine, the dermatologist will remove it using electrocautery or radiofrequency or surgical Co2 laser.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

What can cause itchy bumps on penis that cluster together?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 29 years of age. I had unprotected sex and I am having sex with the same partner for more than a year and a half. Suddenly, I got itching sensation and found that I have got itchy bumps on my penis which started clustering together. Later, it healed automatically. I also found when ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Kakkar
Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have noted your concern and I have viewed the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have genital molluscum contagiosum. It is an STD (sexually transmitted disease). They can be removed with electrocautery or radiofrequency cautery. Itchy ra...  Read Full

What is this pink lump on the roof of my mouth?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29 year old female. I have a large pink lump on the roof of the mouth that goes through my teeth. I have attached the photos for your reference. Please give your expert opinion regarding the same.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your attached photograph (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and understand your concern regarding your dental health. From the picture, it looks like a pyogenic granuloma which is very common at this age and is easily treatable. But,...  Read Full