Q. What is a blood blister and how can it be treated?

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

I have a tiny red dot on the bottom of my pinky toe. It seems to be some blood blister. If it pops, it will bleed forever. It will not go away. What is it and how do I get it to go away?

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Dermatology Venereology
#

I saw your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

It is called pyogenic granuloma which is a lobular capillary hemangioma. It is a collection of capillaries and is not contagious or infectious. Usually seen on hands, feet, and face. It bleeds on trauma. The treatment is the removal of the lesion. You will have to meet dermatologist to get it removed. After numbing the area with Lidocaine, the dermatologist will remove it using electrocautery or radiofrequency or surgical Co2 laser.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

What causes a cluster of bumps on the penis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 29 years of age. I had unprotected sex and I am having sex with the same partner for more than a year and a half. Suddenly, I got itching sensation and found that I have got itchy bumps on my penis which started clustering together. Later, it healed automatically. I also found when ...  Read Full »

What is this pink lump on the roof of my mouth?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29 year old female. I have a large pink lump on the roof of the mouth that goes through my teeth. I have attached the photos for your reference. Please give your expert opinion regarding the same.  Read Full »