Q. What is a blood blister and how can it be treated?

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

I have a tiny red dot on the bottom of my pinky toe. It seems to be some blood blister. If it pops, it will bleed forever. It will not go away. What is it and how do I get it to go away?

#

I saw your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

It is called pyogenic granuloma which is a lobular capillary hemangioma. It is a collection of capillaries and is not contagious or infectious. Usually seen on hands, feet, and face. It bleeds on trauma. The treatment is the removal of the lesion. You will have to meet dermatologist to get it removed. After numbing the area with Lidocaine, the dermatologist will remove it using electrocautery or radiofrequency or surgical Co2 laser.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|