HomeAnswersDermatologypyogenic granulomaI have a blood blister on my toe. What is it?

What is a blood blister and how can it be treated?

Share

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At April 3, 2018
Reviewed AtFebruary 27, 2024

Patient's Query

I have a tiny red dot on the bottom of my pinky toe. It seems to be some blood blister. If it pops, it will bleed forever. It will not go away. What is it and how can I get rid of it?

Please help.

I saw your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

It is called pyogenic granuloma which is a lobular capillary hemangioma. It is a collection of capillaries and is not contagious or infectious. Usually seen on hands, feet, and face. It bleeds on trauma. The treatment is the removal of the lesion. You will have to meet dermatologist to get it removed. After numbing the area with Lidocaine, the dermatologist will remove it using electrocautery or radiofrequency or surgical Co2 laser.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Ashwini. V. Swamy
Dr. Ashwini. V. Swamy

Venereology

Community Banner Mobile

iCliniq's FREE Newsletters

Expert-backed health and wellness information, delivered to your email.

Subscribe iCliniq
By clicking Subscribe, I agree to the iCliniq Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy and understand that I may opt out of iCliniq subscriptions at any time.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Dermatology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy