Q. I got hurt when I was on the hoverboard. What to do?

This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 22, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jul 28, 2021

I scraped my skin when I was on my hoverboard. My wrist got attached to the hoverboard tire, and the hoverboard started to spin fast. It hurt really bad. I was bleeding, and the white stuff came out of my hand. I am not able to pick my wrist up as it will hurt. Please help.

#

• Do not worry. The white stuff is subcutaneous tissue. I think you should visit a nearby doctor for dressing and local treatment.
  • You need to get it cleaned with an antiseptic like Betadine solution or Tincture iodine or Dettol whatever is available. Then get Mupirocin ointment to be applied over it and dressed in gauze. The alternate daily dressing is needed.
  • You should also take antibiotics like capsule Augmentin 375 mg (Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid) three times a day along with some antacid like tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg before breakfast once a day for five days.
  • For pain, you can get prescribed, tablet Ibuprofen 400 mg whenever needed up to three times a day or tablet Diclofenac 50 mg whenever needed up to two times a day after meals.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|