Q. Kindly suggest methods to quit smoking.

My husband smokes a lot. How can I make him quit the smoke? Please help me with the answer.

#

Nicotex gum is may be useful in his case. The 4 mg dose of gum is recommended if he smokes 25 or more cigarettes per day, whereas the 2 mg dose if less. He should chew the gum whenever he has an urge to smoke. He can chew one piece of gum every one to two hours for six weeks, with a gradual reduction over a second six weeks, for a total duration of three months. Acidic beverages (like coffee, beverages) should be avoided before and during gum use.

|