Q. Kindly suggest methods to quit smoking.

Published on Dec 22, 2018

My husband smokes a lot. How can I make him quit the smoke? Please help me with the answer.

Cardiology General Medicine Internal Medicine
#

Nicotex gum is may be useful in his case. The 4 mg dose of gum is recommended if he smokes 25 or more cigarettes per day, whereas the 2 mg dose if less. He should chew the gum whenever he has an urge to smoke. He can chew one piece of gum every one to two hours for six weeks, with a gradual reduction over a second six weeks, for a total duration of three months. Acidic beverages (like coffee, beverages) should be avoided before and during gum use.

Do you have any thoughts on promising drugs for dry AMD?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 63 years old. I was diagnosed with dry intermediate AMD about five years back. The VA then was 20/25 and now it is 20/60. I am currently on AREDS. I am a non-smoker. I have an excellent health otherwise. The Amsler is normal. The recent OCT showed no fluid. Do you have any thoug...  Read Full »

Why are WBC and neutrophils chronically high even if no infection is present?

Query: Hello doctor,Chronically high WBC 15 and neutrophils above 10 recent CRP 8.8. No infection can be found but was treated with two rounds of antibiotics Amoxicillin and Clarithromycin. Repeated CBC and numbers were higher. My doctor said maybe this was going to be my normal. Is this possible? Since th...  Read Full »

Can smoking cessation cause strained bowel movements?

Query: Hello doctor, My age is 39 years. I have quit smoking, cold turkey after smoking for almost 18 years. It is my 29th day of being smoke-free. Everything was going fine until last 7 to 10 days my bowel movement has been strainful. Few days I have seen very small sized hard stools and sometimes small ...  Read Full »