Q. Can exposure to radiation cause cancer?

Dr. Chandra Shekhar

I am 29 years old and I am worried about bone cancer. I have had two CT scans for kidney stones around my abdomen area as a total of 7 msv. I also had a CT scan of my head. I read that the radiation can cause bone cancer. Should I be worried? Is it a low dose and not to worry? There is no cancer in my family.

#

It is true that radiation may cause cancer but that is one person among one million people.

Also, there is no family history of cancer, so not to worry.

Eat antioxidants fruits, exercise daily, and make your mind positive.

For more information consult a pulmonologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/pulmonologist

So you are saying not to worry about getting it because the chances are slim to happen? I also heard that radiation from CT scans don't really cause cancer because the doses are so low and your body naturally heals and recovers these low dosages. Is that true?

#

Really, it is true that little injury by radiation is recovered by the body and then there are no chances of cancer.

Actually, cancer occurs due to a number of causes like DNA (Deoxyribonucleic acid) defect, gene mutation etc. but these will lead to cancer only if the body would not be able to heal these.

Also, there is a hereditary effect which is absent in your family. So, do not worry.

But if you are so much concerned then do yearly cancer checkup and if any early stage cancer occurs, the treatment is possible.

In some cases, a permanent cure is also possible.

|