Q. I slept with my phone under my testicles. When can I safely try for a baby again?

Yesterday, unfortunately, I slept with my mobile phone under my testicles. I slept like that for five hours. I have heard of mobile radiations causing harm to the sperm and testicular cells by affecting the DNA. My problem is that my wife and I are both 34 years old and are planning for conception. Now, because of this incident, how long should I wait to plan for conception? How long will it take for spermatogonial stem cells to recover if they are affected? I am asking this as I have an autistic child and I cannot afford to take any risk and also our reproductive age is passing by.

#

I read your query and understand your concerns.

First of all, I would like to inform you that spermatogenesis is a long process and the sperm cells produced already may be available for the next two and a half months (72 days). So, considering this fact that you had a radiation exposure, it will be ideal to avoid conception for the next two to three months.

However, radiation exposure by phone is very much limited and there is little data to support mutation by phone radiation.

I hope this helps you.

For more information consult an andrologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/andrologist

|