Q. I slept with my phone under my testicles. When can I safely try for a baby again?

Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar Choudhary and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Radiation From Cell Phone or Genetic Mutation? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

Yesterday, unfortunately, I slept with my mobile phone under my testicles. I slept like that for five hours. I have heard of mobile radiations causing harm to the sperm and testicular cells by affecting the DNA. My problem is that my wife and I are both 34 years old and are planning for conception. Now, because of this incident, how long should I wait to plan for conception? How long will it take for spermatogonial stem cells to recover if they are affected? I am asking this as I have an autistic child and I cannot afford to take any risk and also our reproductive age is passing by.