Q. I slept with my phone under my testicles. When can I safely try for a baby again?

Published on Dec 07, 2017

Yesterday, unfortunately, I slept with my mobile phone under my testicles. I slept like that for five hours. I have heard of mobile radiations causing harm to the sperm and testicular cells by affecting the DNA. My problem is that my wife and I are both 34 years old and are planning for conception. Now, because of this incident, how long should I wait to plan for conception? How long will it take for spermatogonial stem cells to recover if they are affected? I am asking this as I have an autistic child and I cannot afford to take any risk and also our reproductive age is passing by.

Andrology Geriatrics Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy Sexology
#

I read your query and understand your concerns.

First of all, I would like to inform you that spermatogenesis is a long process and the sperm cells produced already may be available for the next two and a half months (72 days). So, considering this fact that you had a radiation exposure, it will be ideal to avoid conception for the next two to three months.

However, radiation exposure by phone is very much limited and there is little data to support mutation by phone radiation.

I hope this helps you.

For more information consult an andrologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/andrologist

Sunprotection and Sunscreens : All you need to know about this!

Article Overview: Sun protection is the single most important measure of preventing or delaying problems like ageing of skin, wrinkles, pigmentation disorders like melasma, age spots etc. Thus protection from sun-exposure by physical methods and proper use of sunscreens is central to prevention and treatment of these problems. Unfortunately not many people know how exactly a sunscreen should be used to optimize its beneficial effects. This article will educate everybody about concepts of ideal sun protection and use of sunscreens. Read Article

Dr. Sidharth Sonthalia

What is Sun Protection and Why is it Needed Sun protection is simply guarding a body from the adverse effects of sunlight. Sun light consists of visible light and Ultra Violet (UV) radiation which are of three types – A,B,C of which UVA and UVB have detrimental effects on the skin on chronic ...  Read Article

Pityriasis Rosea, a Common Papulosquamous Disorder

Article Overview: Pityriasis rosea is named from a Greek word, pityriasis (fine scale) and Latin word rosea (rose red) with common Christmas tree or fir tree pattern. Read Article

Pityriasis rosea (PR) will develop suddenly. It is a self-limiting eruption, which means it will subside on its own after specified duration if not treated. It runs a unique and constant course lasting about six weeks. Prevalence of Disease: The prevalence of PR in total population has been c...  Read Article

Ask an Andrologist Now