Q. How can I normalize the level of liver enzymes?

This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 04, 2016 and last reviewed on: Sep 15, 2020

I have undergone routine CBC, LFT and pancreatic test. In the report, I can see some enzymes are high. I do not have any fever or other symptoms. I often smoke and drink. I have started Alpha-Liv syrup. How can I bring the higher level to normal? Should I take any medicine?

#

Welcome to icliniq.com

We are here to help you.

• You do not need any medicines for these raise in enzyme levels. I would recommend you strongly to stop alcohol consumption and within a month, your enzymes would return to normal levels.

For further information consult a medical gastroenterologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

I searched on the internet and got to know that rise in SGOT and SGPT is a sign of liver damage. What shall I do?

#

• Yes, this is a matter of concern. But, what is the treatment? The treatment is to eliminate the cause and then the liver can recover from the damage.
  • So, you should stop alcohol to avoid further damage and let the liver recover from existing damages.
  • Only one drug can be used that is Ursodeoxycholic acid. However, the most important thing is to stop alcohol consumption.

|