Q. I have a bump in my scrotum after safe sex. Will it be a genital wart?

Answered by Dr. Rashmi Singh and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Genital Warts or Human Papilloma Virus? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I had a protected sex with escort 15 days ago. We did not kiss or do anything without a condom. Today, I noticed a bump next to my scrotum that looks like a wart. I cannot remember whether it was there before. I just noticed it today and it seems to burn. It terrifies me that it may be a genital wart. But, it is tucked away behind the scrotum where there was never any contact. So, I am hopeful that it is something else. No tests are performed yet. My last STD was nearly 4 years ago and came back negative. Please help me.