Q. My teeth are wobbling due to gum recession. What to do?

Dr. Rajalakshmi R

I have worn braces for four years and finished my orthodontic treatment before five years. I am 20 years old. Since then my teeth have been healthy but I have been suffering from an eating disorder for three years and I am still in recovery. Two months ago one of my top central incisors started feeling slightly wobbly and after looking at it in the mirror I noticed the gums had receded by 2 mm compared to the pictures I had from last year. I saw my dentist who told me everything was fine but since then my tooth has become even more wobbly and my other top central incisor has started to wobble too. I had a look at all of my teeth today and realized that all of the gums had receded by 2-3 mm. I brush my teeth with a soft toothbrush and floss twice a day, and I use mouthwash every two days. I am very scared that my teeth are going to fall out because I can feel the roots being unstable when I chew food and I cannot bite into a sandwich or any other harder texture without feeling discomfort. Due to COVID-19, I am unable to see a dentist right now unless it is an urgent case causing a lot of pain. What should I do?

#

Nothing to panic as such. Your gums need complete scaling (cleaning) but due to COVID-19, you cannot have now. If the gums are swollen, you will definitely have a wobble feel. Do enforce brushing twice daily with normal paste and medium toothbrush.

Use Betadine gargle thrice daily, Take tablet Oflox OZ 10 twice for five days and Becosules capsules once daily for five days. If you have an eating disorder you can try with probiotic sachets for five days preferably in the nights. Visit the dentist once the pandemic is over. Do salt water gargling twice daily.

However, Oflox and Becosules tablets are not sold at the pharmacy in my place. What do you suggest I should take?

#

Do you have tablet Flagyl (Metronidazole) 400 mg in hand? Take it twice daily for five days. Otherwise follow gargle and brushing twice daily and visit the dentist after pandemic for full moth cleaning.

|