Q. My operated knee is comparatively weak. Why?

Dr. Lokesh
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 22, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 28, 2021

I got a ligament reconstruction surgery before four months. Till today, I have got 1301° ROM. I do not feel normal while walking and climbing stairs. Also, I feel that my operated knee is comparatively weak. Is this normal? What should I do to have a faster recovery?

#

• It usually happens when the physiotherapy was not progressively increased, or physiotherapy was done intermittently.
  • Weakness is due to muscles not being conditioned to presurgery levels.
  • You need to increase the level of exercises. Start jogging, cycling, and training with weights. Doing this for one month properly will get you back to presurgery levels.

Ligament with slight weakness.

Revert after a month to an orthopaedician and traumatologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician-and-traumatologist

|