Q. What is the reason for the red rash on my glans penis and scrotal pain?

Dr. Reetika Joshi

I keep getting a red rash around glans and pee holes. It is very red after sex or masturbation, and it does not hurt when I pee or anything. But I have an aching feeling in my scrotum near my anus. My blood and urine tested negative for the sexually transmitted disease. Currently, I am using Daktacort ointment. Kindly help.

#

I understand your concern. There is nothing to worry about. You are fine and taking the correct ointment. I suggest you,

1) Observe excellent hygiene.

2) Use a good soap to wash.

3) Wear cotton underwear.

4) Avoid intense exercise and sweat.

I hope you understand.

Thank you for the reply. The pain in the scrotum is it not related to the rash on the glans? Kindly help.

#

I do not think the two things are related. Redness of glans can be due to balanitis, but since you have no unusual discharge from the penis or odor or pain, it is not that problem. Also, you must understand that owing to the secretion of lubricants or increased blood flow during erection, the glans appear to be redder when compared to normal time. The pain in the scrotum must be due to some other reason, like maybe some exercise or workout. I would like to know since when are you having this pain? And when have you started noticing the red rash around glans?

Kindly revert in case of further queries.

|