Q. I have redness in eyes for the past few months with headache and eye floaters. Please help.

Dr. Anjal Shah
This is a premium question & answer published on May 08, 2020 and last reviewed on: May 19, 2020

I have some problems with my eye and need some assistance. I have red eyes from a few months now and have tried some drops and it has reduced. But still, I have some redness in the eye. Adding to it, I have some headaches and can see a lot of eye floaters from a week now. Please help.

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

Dr. Anjal Shah

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

Here your symptoms look more in favor of allergic conjunctivitis. This may occur due to allergy to dust, grass, pollen, cosmetics, soap, etc. Allergic conjunctivitis may be seasonal type. Try to avoid the above allergens to get rid away from allergy.

You may have frequent itching in your eyes. Please keep in mind not to rub your eyes by any means. Rubbing eye frequently may provoke developing allergic conjunctivitis which was once healed up.

Dust, grass pollens, cosmetics, and soap.

Allergic conjunctivitis.

Olopatadine 2% eye drops once a day (preferably at night), Loteprednol 0.5% eye drops three times a day. Put ice packs on closed lids which may give you instant relief. Use it minimum for 15 days. (Keep in mind you may get symptomatically relieved very soon but allergic conjunctivitis needs time to recover from the roots).

1. Stay away from the above mentioned allergens. 2. Try cooling goggles while going out. 3. Avoid rubbing eyes.

After 15 days.

| 

I have found the below two eye drops available in the UK. Can you please let me know if these are the same as prescribed above.

1. Patanol eye drops.

2. Lotemax 0.5%.

Dr. Anjal Shah

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

I think in UK Patanol eye drops comes with 0.1% strength. If you get 0.2% eye drops then use drops once daily or if it is 0.1% then use two times per day. Patanol 0.1% eye drops two times per day. Use Lotemax 0.5% eye drops for three times/ day.

(Instruction: put only one drop at a time).

| 

I take it that the headache and sudden increase in eye floaters are also due to allergic conjunctivitis, or is it due to the over usage of the Opticrom eye drops?

Dr. Anjal Shah

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

Headache and floaters mostly occur due to uncorrected numbers you are using or not wearing spectacles at all. Do use spectacles on a daily basis. Opticrom (Sodium Cromoglicate) may cause a mild burning or stinging sensation. Do not worry.

| 

Please suggest a medicine for itchy eyes.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25 year old male. There is a lot of itchiness in eyes for the past three to four days. Please tell me what to do. Which medicine can I take?  Read Full »

I have headache after using Nevanac ophthalmic suspension

Query: Hello doctor, I am 37 years old. I have discomfort and mild pain in the right eye since last four days. The doctor has advised taking Nevanac ophthalmic suspension 0.1 suspension, and Maxmoist eye drops for dry eye. He has advised to take Nevanac one drop four times daily in both eyes, and Maxmoist ...  Read Full »

Please suggest a possible diagnosis for lower and upper back pain.

Query: Hello doctor, For the last two years, I have back pain in the upper and lower region. I am uploading here with my reports for your reference. Please suggest diagnosis and medicines to cure this disease.  Read Full »