Q. I have redness in eyes with dryness and itch. What medicine can I take?

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

I have had redness in my eyes. I began using Tetryzoline but it had no effect. The redness has increased in the past two weeks. It feels dry, itchy, and occasionally gritty on my eyes. I recently began to experience pain around my eyes on the left side. I use to work on the computer for 8 hours a day. What medicine can I use that will cure the redness?

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

I will tell the medicines as well as ways to tackle the screen time. Start Moxifloxacin plus Loteprednol eye drops four times a day for next five days then taper it to two times for the next five days then stop. Olopatadine 0.2 percent eye drops two times a day regularly. Refresh tears eye drops six times a day regularly.

Now coming to the screen time. Work in a well lit room. The main light should come from behind your head. Every 20 minutes remove your eyes from the screen and focus on a far object for 20 seconds. Every 45 minutes take a five minutes break from the computer screen. Make a rule to blink eyes when ever you press space or enter on the keyboard.

| 

What can I use in the place of Moxiflaxcan plus Loteprednol eye drops? Those are not available in our area. Can I use Obramycin plus Dexamethasone eye drops instead?

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

Yes, you can, but keep in mind Dexamethasone is stronger steriod and do not use it beyond six days. Use it four times a day for three days then taper it to two times a day for the next three days.

| 

Please suggest a possible diagnosis for lower and upper back pain.

Query: Hello doctor, For the last two years, I have back pain in the upper and lower region. I am uploading here with my reports for your reference. Please suggest diagnosis and medicines to cure this disease.  Read Full »

Why could I not able to close my eyelid fully while sleeping?

Query: Hello doctor, Would dry eyes cause cloudy vision with little nonmoving black dots? This is my normal vision and every once in a while I can see perfectly. The eye doctor said everything in the eye looks perfect. I have noticed when I sleep one eyelid does not close all the way but this is the vis...  Read Full »

Why has the automatic blinking stopped in my child?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 16 years old. He is myopic with the approximate power in left eye being -5.5 spherical and cylindrical - 0.5, right eye being -6 spherical and cylindrical - 0.75. Since the last few days (4 to 5 days) he is facing a problem in his eyes. He feels his automatic blinking has st...  Read Full »