Q. I have multiple cavities in my teeth, and I am afraid. Please help me.

Dr. Soheel Hussain Zargar
and medically reviewed by Dr. Infanteena Marily
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 09, 2021 and last reviewed on: Sep 15, 2021

I am a 19-year-old male with an addiction to sweets and sugary stuff. I have been too afraid of brushing my teeth as I am scared they will fall off because of my big cavities. I have a cavity where I can almost put my finger inside and two cavities that can fill a corn kernel. I have no pain, but they are growing larger and larger. One of them is sensitive to cold air, and it hurts sometimes. I had fillings, but one of them fell off completely, which led to the cavity that I can fill my finger in. Please help me. I want to fix them, but I am so afraid and scared.

#

Do not worry. As a dentist, I tell you we will try our best to carry the treatment comfortably with no patient issue.

Your problem can be addressed by filling teeth, but if you wait, then it will be difficult, and there would be no option other than root canal treatment.

Do not wait. Filling teeth is the most uncomplicated and comfortable procedure in dentistry.

I advise you to try fluoridated toothpaste and regularly brush your teeth before sleep. It will strengthen your teeth and prevent further decay.

If you need any help, feel free to ask me.

|