Q. What treatment can help me prolong my first session of sex?

Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair B
Published on Dec 26, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 29, 2018

I am a 31-year-old male with a height of 180 cm and I weigh 83 kg. I am a father of three children. My problem is premature ejaculation. When I am having sexual intercourse, always the first round is very fast. It is just one to one and a half minutes and sometimes less than that. The second round of intercourse is slightly better than the first time may be two to five minutes. But, sometimes I feel there is an erectile dysfunction due to depression and I am not able to continue for the second round.

I have tried Viagra for only three times just to experiment and the result for the first round of sex was the same as usual. But, the second round of intercourse was a bit longer say around 30 minutes. I had this problem since teenage. I thought it would go away but it has worsened. I have tried Lidocaine spray in the past to decrease the sensitivity but there was no big difference. Please advice.

Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair B

Obstetrics And Gynaecology Sexology
#

Viagra (Sildenafil) is not the medicine to be used for premature ejaculation.

You need to get a physical examination with a urologist to rule out any genital infection causing an early discharge.

If not, practice following exercises on daily basis for three to six months for a permanent cure. You can visit the Internet and know how to do them.

• Kegel exercise for men
  • Squeeze technique for premature ejaculation.

Until then, I suggest you take tablet Dapoxetine 30 mg 90 minutes before sex. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the medicine.

For better results, combine this with Lignocaine (Lidocaine) spray only to the frenulum of the penis.

For more information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

I have tried to search the two exercises, Kegel exercise for men and the Squeeze technique for premature ejaculation from the Internet and have found a lot of different websites with different guidelines. Could you please recommend some sites that I can trust or at least you know they do it in the right way?

Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair B

Obstetrics And Gynaecology Sexology
#

It is a very simple technique. You can do them even without the help of videos.

Exercises will take some time.

So, I suggest initially take the drug to relieve the pain. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the medicines.

You can also get a checkup with a urologist and take his opinion.

What are the long term side effects of Dapoxetine?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 21 years old. I have a problem of premature ejaculation. I have read 30 mg Dapox is effective for treatment of premature ejaculation. Can I start with od dose of Dapox? And for how long should I continue the medicine? Are there any long term side effects of Dapox? Can I take Duralast...  Read Full >>

Dr. Bharat Udey
Geriatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. At your age, it is unusual to have premature ejaculation (PME). PME is caused when intravaginal ejaculation time is less than a minute. And there is lack of satisfaction from coitus. Yes, Depox (Dapoxetine) is an effective drug for premature ejaculation (PME). To begin...  Read Full

What Is Premature Ejaculation?

Article Overview: A huge percentage of young men ejaculate within a few seconds or with minimal strokes during sexual intercourse. It is very stressful for both partners when this happens, and it can even lead to marital disharmony and discord. This is the most common male sexual problem. Fortunately, it can be overcome and even treated. Read Article

Dr. Poosha Darbha
Sexologist

Premature ejaculation (rapid climax within seconds) is common. It is natural in people with an overly sensitive penis, but it is distressing and disappointing for the couple. To overcome the problem naturally, one needs to understand how exactly it happens and learn how to stop it. It is somewhat li...  Read Article

How Can I Tighten My Loose Vagina?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a loose vagina and I am 20 years old, female and I am sexually active. I used to have sex always with toys so it became loose. Please help me. I need to tighten my vagina again. Once I used Everteen vaginal tightening gel for a month and I stopped its use as I was afraid of its...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The Everteen vaginal gel is an herbal product used for the same purpose but the efficacy of this is not well established. This may help some but not all. Kegel exercise are a good option for you. You can do this exercise daily and will see good results. As of now stop ...  Read Full

Ask a Sexologist Now