Q. What treatment can help me prolong my first session of sex?

I am a 31-year-old male with a height of 180 cm and I weigh 83 kg. I am a father of three children. My problem is premature ejaculation. When I am having sexual intercourse, always the first round is very fast. It is just one to one and a half minutes and sometimes less than that. The second round of intercourse is slightly better than the first time may be two to five minutes. But, sometimes I feel there is an erectile dysfunction due to depression and I am not able to continue for the second round.

I have tried Viagra for only three times just to experiment and the result for the first round of sex was the same as usual. But, the second round of intercourse was a bit longer say around 30 minutes. I had this problem since teenage. I thought it would go away but it has worsened. I have tried Lidocaine spray in the past to decrease the sensitivity but there was no big difference. Please advice.

Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair B
MBBS., DA., DGO., TRAINING IN ANDROLOGY., TRAINING IN SEXOLOGY
Obstetrics And Gynaecology, Sexology

Viagra (Sildenafil) is not the medicine to be used for premature ejaculation.

You need to get a physical examination with a urologist to rule out any genital infection causing an early discharge.

If not, practice following exercises on daily basis for three to six months for a permanent cure. You can visit the Internet and know how to do them.

• Kegel exercise for men
  • Squeeze technique for premature ejaculation.

Until then, I suggest you take tablet Dapoxetine 30 mg 90 minutes before sex. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the medicine.

For better results, combine this with Lignocaine (Lidocaine) spray only to the frenulum of the penis.

For more information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

I have tried to search the two exercises, Kegel exercise for men and the Squeeze technique for premature ejaculation from the Internet and have found a lot of different websites with different guidelines. Could you please recommend some sites that I can trust or at least you know they do it in the right way?

Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair B
Obstetrics And Gynaecology, Sexology

It is a very simple technique. You can do them even without the help of videos.

Exercises will take some time.

So, I suggest initially take the drug to relieve the pain. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the medicines.

You can also get a checkup with a urologist and take his opinion.

Also Read Answers From

Ask a Sexologist »