Q. Why do I feel sharp pain when anything cold touches my filled tooth?

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

I had my filling two years ago and it has been going well for a few months. I have had no problem with it but recently anything really cold touches it and I get a sharp pain. Hot foods cause no problem and sometimes it just hurts by itself.

#

• It seems there are secondary caries below the loose filling. You need to get it removed as soon as possible. Replace it with a new one.
  • With regards to your symptoms, the probable cause may be a faulty restoration. The probable diagnosis could be a reversible pulpitis.
  • I suggest you have an IOPA (intraoral periapical) X-ray.
  • You will need to have a root canal treatment and refilling.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|