Q. My daughter has chronic tonsillitis, and now her knees are swollen. Please advice.

Dr. Vandana Andrews
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 01, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jul 25, 2020

Hi Doctor, My daughter age 7.6 years,She is suffering from tonsillitis for almost 5 years and every month we are giving her antibiotic with paracetamol etc ,Now for last 5 months ,there are swelling in her knees and some time migrating from one knee to another with little fever as well . We are confuse to which doctor we have to visit peads or orthopedics. lab test ESR IS 26 LYMPHOCYTES IS 52/HB is 10.5...Please advice what we need to do..Now we started penicillin injc 6 lack unites after each two weeks.

Dr. Vandana Andrews

Internal Medicine
#

HI. Welcome to i clinic. I understand your concern, and the amount of confusion you must be facing as a parent. First, the swelling in the knee AND THROAT INFECTION COULD BE RELATED TO EACHOTHER, or a condition called rheumatic fever, you must discuss with your pediatrics doctor about his view on this diagnosis. This diagnosis should be differentiated with other causes, I would ask to stay positive and since she is covered with antibiotics here is a chance of good control of infection. I would advise you to stick with a pediatrics doctor and understand his view on this, SHE IS ALREADY COVERED WITH THE ANTIBIOTIC SO THE KNEE INFLAMMATION SHOULD SUBSIDE SOON TOO. TAKE CARE.

|