Chronic Throat Infection

Why is no antibiotic effective for my throat infection?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had an inflamed, dry, and red throat, tender neck glands, and white film on the tongue, for about six weeks. I took 500 mg of Azithromycin, but it does not work. I have then prescribed two doses of Diflucan (200 mg each, I believe), and Nystatin swish and swallow neither worked fo...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If an antibiotic is not effective in tablet form, you should take it in an injection form. And one more thing with antibiotics there should be an antacid to digest them quickly and to protect from acidity or stomach discomfort. Along with antibiotics, which helped you r...  Read Full »

Why is my throat irritated continuously?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering with some irritation in my throat for the past one and a half year. I am just fed up nowadays. Also, the fear of cancer destroying me. After taking different types of antibiotics from different doctors, lastly, I took Loratadine and Dexit (Flupentixol + Melitracen) f...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Verma

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) as well as read your complete history. Do not worry. I will definitely help you. On looking your throat, it seems that you are having chronic allergic throat problem. Both side tonsils are also en...  Read Full »

What can cause chronic tonsillitis and knee swelling in a child?

Query: Hi Doctor, My daughter age 7.6 years,She is suffering from tonsillitis for almost 5 years and every month we are giving her antibiotic with paracetamol etc ,Now for last 5 months ,there are swelling in her knees and some time migrating from one knee to another with little fever as well . We are ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Andrews

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: HI. Welcome to i clinic. I understand your concern, and the amount of confusion you must be facing as a parent. First, the swelling in the knee AND THROAT INFECTION COULD BE RELATED TO EACHOTHER, or a condition called rheumatic fever, you must discuss with your pediatrics doctor about his view on...  Read Full »

Why does my Adam's apple hurt on touch?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32 year old male with a history of some tonsil problem. About seven years ago, I had both a peritonsillar abscess and mononucleosis around the same time. After that, I began seeing an ENT for some fatigue and for lymph nodes on my neck that were both large and painless. After a...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Can you please send me pictures of your throat and of the prescription of the surgery done before? I feel you have recurrent follicular tonsillitis, and you got peritonsillar abscess for the same reason. Chronic throat infection also causes lymph node enlargement, which ...  Read Full »