Q. What are the treatment methods available for ringworm infection?

Dr. Rabia
Published on Apr 02, 2019

I have ringworms on my face, nose, eyebrows, scalp, jock itch, white spots around the anus that hurt and itch. I get blood when I go to the bathroom, nails rip off easily, always feeling sleepy, swollen lymph nodes and itching all over the body. Please help.

Dr. Rabia

Dermatology
#

For how long do you have this problem? This is not ringworm or fungal infection. There are multiple atrophic plaques over the face and arms from your picture. Have you applied anything over them? It looks like it is lupus erythematosus but confirming the diagnosis would be made on skin biopsy. You also have folliculitis over beard area with secondary infection over it. I will suggest you consult your nearby health facility.

Skin biopsy.

Lupus erythematosus, Tinea incognito, atrophic lichen planus, folliculitis.

Take oral antibiotics for folliculitis, tablet Co-Amoxiclav 1 gm BD for one week, apply Fusidic acid ointment BD over the lesions.

Maintain hygiene of body, wash with soap and water, avoid using Dettol and other irritants.

Can I have fibromyalgia and early signs of lupus?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 36 year old mother and a veterinarian. I was recently diagnosed with lupus by a rheumatologist. The only abnormality in my blood work was elevated SSA and dsDNA autoantibodies with a speckled pattern. My CBC, UA, and the biochemical panel were normal. My symptoms included severe...  Read Full »

The Manifestation of Ringworm Infection and Its Treatment

Article Overview: I would like to ward off the most common misunderstanding among many people and that is ringworm is not an infection caused by any worm. Ringworm lesions are the most common and also one of the cosmetically annoying fungal lesions. To get to know the ringworm well, we need to go through the basics of it. Read Article

Dr. Narendra

Ringworm is a fungal infection, which is called tinea in medical terms. Ringworm, as the name suggests, is the name derived from the pattern of the lesion that develops in this disease. There is a ring-like lesion at one or more sites over the body. The sites could be anywhere in the body like scalp...  Read Article

I recently developed a skin rash in groin area. Please advise medicines.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 38 year old female. I have recently developed a skin rash in my groin area. This is the first time this rash has developed. I am currently under no medication. My menstrual cycle is normal.  Read Full »