Q. What can I do for a ringworm infection?

Dr. Meha Malhotra
Published on Sep 10, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Hi doctor,

I have ringworm from past three months. I have taken Sebifin for two months and Fungicros cream. But the fungi do not go away completely. It has started blooming in new places. Please help.

Dr. Meha Malhotra

Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Venereology
#

Please provide me with more information.

1. Did a dermatologist diagnose the ringworm?
  2. What dose of Sebifin (Terbinafine) did you take?
  3. Also, did you get your sugar levels tested? If not, get a fasting and post-prandial sugar level done.
  4. It would be best if you could send photos too so that we can assess the lesion.

These days, fungi have become very resistant to routine treatment. So, if you send the above information, I can suggest a higher level of therapy.

Revert with more information to a dermatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

I have fungal infection in my ear.Is it mandatory to stay at the hospital overnight for a microsuction?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with fungal ear infection yesterday. Doctor asked me to get admitted in the hospital for a microsuction to remove fungal debris. Is it mandatory to stay at the hospital overnight for a microsuction? Can microsuction be done as an out patient procedure without staying in...  Read Full »

Can fungal infection cause low grade fever?

Query: Hi doctor, For around nine weeks now, I have had a low grade fever and that persists. Also, I feel a little upper throat fullness and mild sinus congestion. I have been in and out of primary care clinics many times looking for help.  I had two chest x-rays and they were clear. I also had blood test...  Read Full »

How to treat recurrent ringworm infections?

Query: Hi doctor, I had ringworm infection and itching from many days. When I used Terbinafine cream and tablet along with Cefadroxil tablet for 20 to 30 days, the ringworm and itching totally disappeared. But after a month, it started automatically. What to do?  Read Full »