Q. I want to get root canal for broken tooth and braces for teeth alignment. Kindly assist me.

Dr. Pallavi Srivastava

I want to get braces and a cap for my broken tooth. Kindly help.

#

First, you go for root canal treatment and cap (crown) for your broken teeth and then go for orthodontic wires, and brackets (braces) for your all the teeth as the alingment of your teeth are not proper. So for alinging them properly, you need to go for braces it will enhance your oral hygiene and your smile.

Will there be a need for any of my teeth to be removed for brackets? Why is the root canal necessary? Can the cap (crown) insertion require the root canal?

#

Removal of the tooth due to orthodontic treatment is required or not can only be confirmed after visualizing the posterior teeth, OPG (orthopantomography), lateral cephalography. So confirming this you have to show your posterior teeth occlusion, OPG n lateral cephalogram.

Root canal might be necessary as your tooth is broken and due to this the pulp might be exposed, tooth might get infection also, this can also be ruled out after x-ray of affected tooth. If you are having pain in that tooth then you have to go for RCT (root canal treatment) but if there is no pain, then x-ray can only determine the treatment plan.

No not always. For crown RCT is only required if tooth is broken, infected, attrited, abraded, etc. If the tooth is intact and due to some reason, crown has to be given then no need for RCT.

| 

Invisible Aligners for a Perfect Smile

Article Overview: Custom made invisible aligners are orthodontic devices that are a transparent plastic form of dental braces used to adjust or move the teeth, which encourages even adults to have a "Perfect Smile." Read Article

Everyone's dream is to have a great smile, but they get stuck where to start from. Many people are experiencing success using clear orthodontic devices called "Aligners." Orthodontic braces encourage teeth to move using brackets connected with wires. Aligners are a series of custom-made tight fitt...  Read Article

Can root canal treatment help reduce swelling around infected teeth?

Query: Hi doctor, I have placed caps in my two teeth. Now, I got swelling around the teeth. X-ray has been taken. The doctor told me that there is some infection in the teeth, so it needs a root canal to be done. I do not have any pain in the teeth. I have only swelling in the teeth. Please suggest what to...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»