Q. A pulp is seen in the ear after accidental eardrum damage. What is to be done?

Dr. Fazil Shajahan

Five days back, my son put a plastic stick into his ears and the membrane got damaged and blood came out. We went to the doctor immediately. He gave us Azithromycin to give the child and told us to keep his ear safe from air, water and, all other materials. He also told us to watch out for fever. But after five days, a pulp is seen in the ear. Will it affect his hearing capacity? What should I do next? Please give me an answer immediately.

Dr. Fazil Shajahan

Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

Since there was damage to the membrane you need to be careful. It can cause a decrease in the hearing if the damage does not heal properly or get infected. If pus is coming from the ear, kindly consult a nearby ENT doctor and take treatment for the infection.

It can take a bit long for the membrane to get healed properly. Until then, you need to be careful and make sure water does not go inside the ear at all.

For more information consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

|