Q. My 1. 5 year old daughter has recurrent pimples near underarm area. Please suggest treatment.

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

My daughter is 1.3 years old. She weighs about 11 kg. She is having pimple type nearby under arm area at the right-hand side. It is newly grown and old ones are blackened and healed.

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Paediatrics
#

Please get the child evaluated for scabies. The child may need to be started on Permethrin. Please get the child evaluated physically by a pediatrician in order to assess and start Permethrin.

| 

We have consulted doctors locally, she has been medicated for the last four weeks. Her condition is controlled. Due lockdown family doctor is out of station. But she still has scabies. So please suggest for blood test for such prolong disease to diagnose and its treatment.

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Paediatrics
#

After completion of the above course, you can start the following medicines. You will need to buy two types of creams.

1. Zyscab 1 % lotion (for application to head, neck, and behind ears).

2. Permite 5% OR HHmite 5% (for application to full body).

Clear instructions for:

Permite 5% OR HHmite 5%:

Apply to the full body (mainly webs of fingers and toes) at night before sleeping and leave it on till morning. Total holding time should be between six to eight hours at least. After this time bath the baby thoroughly with sebamed soap and dry.

This medication is to be applied only once this week and repeat one more dose after seven days. Do not apply Permite 5% OR HHmite 5% to head, neck or behind ears.

Clear instructions for:

Zyscab 1% lotion (Content: Permethrin 1 %).

Apply to head, neck, and behind ears 10 to 15 minutes before having a bath. Holding time is 10 to 15 minutes maximum. After this time bath the baby thoroughly with sebamed soap and dry.

This medication is to be applied only once this week and repeat one more dose after seven days.

| 

Why do I have pimples on the back of my tongue?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 20 years old. A month ago, I noticed few small pimples at the back of my tongue and I thought that they will get alright on their own. But, they have been there for almost a month.  And, I have halitosis too. I often have a sore throat as well, but it is not severe.  Read Full »

Popping my pimples has caused a big red bump. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old female. From the last five years, I have acne. It had reduced a bit. But, recently I started to get white heads and papules. I then popped my papule and white head area. Now, it has become red and swollen and it is burning. I have applied cold water and aloe vera ge...  Read Full »

How to differentiate between scabies, flea bite, bed bug, and folliculitis?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a general practitioner. I struggle to differentiate these conditions: scabies, flea bite, bed bug and folliculitis. I would really appreciate your clinical knowledge and goodwill in enlightening me about this, so I can provide better care for our patients.  Read Full »