Q. How to control schizophrenic patient?

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

My uncle had got schizophrenia when he was 20 years old. Now he is 45 years old. He gets aggressive after taking pills, and he is alright without them. He has stopped talking. He is not sleeping and talking to anyone. He isolates himself. He does not even take a shower. My dad bathes him.

#

Your uncle has schizophrenia. It is a chronic disorder. It is a less likely cause for getting aggressive after taking pills. If he is on any antipsychotic medication, then it will get better for him after taking it. You have to teach to improve his care. He needs Amisulpride medication. Your uncle is suffering from negative symptoms because of schizophrenia.

You have to take him outside to the sunlight exposure for 20 minutes. Give him some brain stimulating work like training him to separate vegetables, wheat from the rice mixture of 100 grams. I am sorry to say that he may have a lifelong illness. But it can be controlled with medication and behavior therapy.

|