Q. I have a small bump on my head. Is it because my mom was hit when pregnant?

Dr. Nidhin Mohan
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 30, 2018 and last reviewed on: Nov 18, 2022

I am a 19-year-old female. When my mom was pregnant, her brother hit her tummy by mistake with a ball as he was playing cricket. My mom had felt some strong movements at that time, and I feel this is the reason why I have had a small bump on my head since childhood. It does not pain. It does not cause me any headaches, etc. It is in skin color. The only thing is that I can feel pus inside when I touch, and as I touch hard, the pus that comes out it is slightly yellowish and cloudy. Can it be treated with antibiotics or creams?

#

There is no relation between the ball hitting your mother during pregnancy and the lesion on your head. From your history, it seems likely to be a sebaceous cyst (nothing serious). As there is pus currently, you can use antibiotics.

I suggest showing it to a physician close to home and getting it examined.

|