Q. I feel a hard pimple under the penis skin. What is it?

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 18, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 12, 2020

I am 28 years old. My question is I can feel a very small hard pimple under the penis skin. When I get erection and press it, I feel a little pain. What is that? I cannot figure it out. Is it a pimple or something else? Please help.

#

You are most likely dealing with a sebaceous cyst. They are similar to pimple. A sebaceous gland is a microscopic gland in the skin which secretes a waxy liquid known as sebum. It opens on the skin via an opening known as a punctum.

When the opening gets blocked, the sebum collected in the gland causes a swelling known as a cyst. It hardens over time to become firm. They are quite common in the genital region.

The diagnostic sign of sebaceous cyst is that it slips beneath the fingers and it mostly has an opening. In your case, they cause pain because the skin there gets stretched during an erection.

If it causes pain all the time, it could be infected and might need local application of an antibiotic ointment like T-Bact (Mupirocin) or Neosporin (combination of Neomycin, Polymyxin B and Bacitracin) twice a day. You also need to keep the area clean and dry.

They are benign and harmless and nothing to worry about. It could have been easier to confirm if you had sent a picture along. You could do an image search for sebaceous cyst and confirm yourself.

For further information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

|