Q. I have an itchy and dry scalp despite washing my hair once in three days. Kindly help me.

Dr. Shama Naaz
and medically reviewed by Dr. Sushrutha Muralidharan

My scalp is itchy. I have dry hair, and I sweat a lot. So I wash my hair once in three days. But it is still itchy. My scalp gets extremely itchy. It starts to hurt. There are no visible lesions or flakes. It typically occurs two days after hair wash. Applying oil gives temporary relief. It is happening for a few months now. Kindly help me.

#

Itching of the scalp can be due to infection or seborrhoea. To get relief from itching, I suggest you apply shampoo Sebowash (Fluocinolone) twice a week (with a gap of two to three days in between). For dryness, use conditioner after shampoo. You can apply Argan with coconut oil once a week. Deep conditioning with a hair masks once a month should be done. Also, mention if you have any other medical conditions for oral treatment.

I hope this was helpful.

I do not have any other medical condition doctor. I am not on any medications. Also, how long should I use Sebowash? Any particular conditioner and hair mask? Kindly guide me.

#

Use Sebowash shampoo for two weeks. I suggest you add tablet Desloratadine 5 mg one tablet at night time after food for one week and then stop.

You can use Pauve or St.Botanica pro keratin with an argan oil conditioner. For the hair mask, I suggest you use St.Botanica Moroccan argan or Schwarzkopf.

Please follow up after two weeks.

I hope this was helpful.

#

Please get back if you have further doubts.

|