Q. I have fungal infection in my hair and all over the body. Please help.

Dr. Payal Chauhan

I have a fungal infection that started with me getting cradle cap, and then the fungus spread throughout my hair, feet and has now spread all over my body. I have tried essential oils, also OTC Nizoral, and santifungal Terbinafine. I resorted shaving my head, and the fungus continues to grow through the cradle cap. I have tried Salicylic acid shampoos and treatments, but nothing is working. I may need an oral antifungal or oral corticosteroid. Please advise. My body is extremely itchy, and fungal spores are growing all over it.

This has been going on for a couple of months, following a lice infestation. I have never had cradle cap nor fungus. My immunity may be low due to many stress factors right now, but I have a healthy medical history otherwise. I am not on any medicines, but only vitamins. I have done topical antifungal treatments, but I think I need a prescription for an oral antifungal or corticosteroids, but I will let the doctor diagnose and decide. In any case, I must take care of this immediately before it spreads internally.

#

I can understand your concern. Seborrheic dermatitis is caused by a superficial fungus in the upper layers of skin and can present as redness, scaling, and itching over the scalp, face, and body.

Please avoid the use of any body or scalp oil as that might increase the infection.

Use the following medications for two weeks and revert.

1. Apply Zydip-C lotion (Beclomethasone plus Clotrimazole) twice a day for scalp and body followed by Cetaphil moisturizing lotion apply this 5 minutes after Zydip C lotion.

2. Take tablet Levocetirizine 5 mg once at night.

I do not think you need oral steroids or antifungal at this time. Start with topicals and see me after two weeks. If it does not improve significantly, then we might think of it.

How do I get the prescription for the Zydip-C lotion and tablets?

#

You need to talk to the support team regarding the prescription. I do not have an option to provide prescriptions separately. The support staff will help you out with this.

|