Q. My skin produces yellow substance that crusts and it come backs regularly. What is it?

Dr. Chaitra. P
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 14, 2017 and last reviewed on: Mar 17, 2021

I have suffered from acne since I was in high school and have used over-the-counter creams such as Benzoyl peroxide. The sides of my nose produce a clear yellow substance that crusts over my pores. When I clean the area and the crust is removed, it then produces the liquid again. I have had this for nine months and whenever it clears, it comes back within a week.

#

It could possibly be an infection of the sebaceous gland. Please provide a picture of your problem.

Revert with the pictures to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

I have attached a photo. Hopefully, that is good enough.

#

You seem to have a tendency of seborrheic dermatitis and acne (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is nothing to worry.

Avoid Benzoyl peroxide as it can cause irritation. I suggest you Clindamycin gel and a mild moisturizer twice a day.

Avoid removing the crusts manually. Moisten them with moisturizer to shed by themselves.

Treat dandruff if you have, with a Ketoconazole shampoo. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take treatment with consent.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|