Q. What causes rashes on the scalp that disappears after a head wash?

Dr. B T Priya

I am a 31-year-old male, and my height is 5'6". I have had skin rashes on my scalp for seven months. We thought it might be because of dandruff. The scalp looks clean after a head wash, but dry dandruff and severe rash appear again the second day.

Occasionally, I get heat blisters like small bumps on the scalp that turns yellow after one day of appearance and discharges a small amount of pus. No particular medication has been taken yet. I apply coconut oil and wash my hair once in three days with shampoo.

Kindly help.

#

I saw the pictures attached (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity).

It looks like seborrheic dermatitis with furunculosis. Boils and dandruff in common terms. It would help if you had antibiotics and regular shampoo wash.

Kindly start taking tablet Microdox-LBX (Doxycycline and Lactobacillus) twice daily for one week, tablet Xyzal (Levocetirizine) half tablet twice a day for ten days, and use Tarry shine shampoo (Ketoconazole and cool tar) diluted it with water soak for ten minutes then wash off with regular shampoo. Seborrheic dermatitis can only be controlled on regular shampoo wash.

Take care.

Thanks for the reply.

I will follow your suggestions.

#

Kindly follow the instructions mentioned above.

Thanks.

|