Q. Is it true that home glucose monitor always shows 10% higher value of the actual lab result?

Answered by Dr. Divakara P.

Do you have a question on Self-checking Of Glucose Level or Blood Glucose Level? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My doctor says that glucose reading given by home monitor is always 10% higher than the actual glucose reading from the laboratory test result. So, if my reading in the home monitor is 90 mg/dl, then my actual glucose is 81 (90 minus 9, 10% of 90). Is he right? Do you agree with this?