Q. Please interpret my semen analysis report for fertility issue.

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

I have done a semen analysis test to know if I have any fertility issues and want an opinion about my test results. I can share a copy of my test report.

#

I reviewed your semen analysis result (attachment removed to protect patient identity), which showed sperm number, concentration, and motile sperms are normal. One issue is abnormal forms which are slightly less than usual it can reduce the chances of fertility as abnormal forms might have abnormal genes which does not allow the sperm to adhere to the ova. But most important is number, concentration, and motility. The causes of this can vary one like tight underwear or laptop use especially if you put it on your thighs, toxins from ciggarates smoking or varicocele (dilated veins around testis).

One semen analysis sample is also not enough to diagnose. What needs to be done is to do ultrasound for the scrotum and to repeat semen analysis then follow up with results. Avoid smoking if you do so and keep healthy exercise and diet. It is recommended to follow up with semen analysis after at least three to four weeks.

|