Q. Is it good to seal the semen and ejaculation pathway to preserve the semen?

Dr. Poosha Darbha
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

I want to seal my semen and ejaculation pathway to preserve my semen in the body permanently. Please help.

Do you have a question on Semen or Control Ejaculation?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Poosha Darbha

PHD
Sexology

I want you to know two things,

1) Semen is not something that can be stored permanently in the body.

2) Storing semen does not give you any benefit, despite what is in popular belief.

The semen is continuously produced as per requirement. There are on and off switches within the body to produce and stop producing semen. If you do not release the semen, then the brain will switch off production. No matter how many years you hold the semen, the quantity will not increase. You will not gain anything. On the other hand, the sperm cells inside the semen will lose their functionality.

Finally, there are no procedures to stop releasing semen and sealing it off permanently within the body. Even in the vasectomized males, some semen will still be released.

Is yellow color sperm healthy?
Query: Hello doctor, My semen appears yellow on toilet paper, but white on the skin. I even tested the color on a plastic object such as a white plastic fork. It still appears yellow. I have this problem for more than five years, but I have no other symptoms. Please see the pictures and let me know if this...  Read Full >>
Dr. Shahil Khant
Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the pictures you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and your semen looks absolutely normal. Get the following tests done to rule out infection: Semen analysis. Semen culture and sensitivity. You do not require any medications at...  Read Full

Why is my sperm brown?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 35 year old male. Two weeks ago, I noticed that my semen was brownish. Again yesterday and today, it is the same reddish-brown, and I think it is more watery than usual. I do not have any other symptoms. I do have a varicocele, but I do not think this condition is related to varic...  Read Full >>
Dr. Sandeep P
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The reddish-brown color of the semen indicates a condition called hematospermia. The most common cause for this condition is idiopathic inflammation of the prostate or seminal vesicles. Do you have any feeling of dysuria (difficulty in urination or painful urination) or...  Read Full

My semen volume has reduced during masturbation. What medication to take?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 48 year old male. Past one year, I noticed that my semen volume has reduced during masturbation to nearly 1.5 ml. Though I feel erection is good but not so strong as in the age of 40. I usually masturbate on alternate days. But to heal, I stopped masturbation nearly seven days ...  Read Full >>
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. It is expected that the volume of ejaculate will decrease after the age of 40 years progressively and ideally should be measured after three days of abstinence. A volume of more than 2.5 ml is normal and your volume of about 2 ml at this age...  Read Full

Ask a Doctor Now