Q. My mother has pain in upper teeth and sensitive feel in all teeth. What to do?

Dr. Mumtaz

My mother has pain in the upper teeth, and sensitive feel in all teeth. What should she do?

#

Does she have sensitivity in all teeth?

Yes, she has sensitivity in all teeth.

#

Sensitivity can be due to many reasons. Directly coming to treatment will be desensitizing tooth paste. GC tooth mousse is a topical tooth cream which helps to remineralize the teeth when applied daily and can help to reduce sensitivity.

Please suggest a remedy for now?

#

If you are asking for an immediate home remedy for sensitivity, go for salt water rinse twice a day with lukewarm water. Add 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon of salt to lukewarm water in swish for 30 to 40 seconds and then spit out.

Use fluorinated mouth wash.

Avoid beverages.

Avoid brushes with hard bristles.

Avoid acidic food and teeth grinding.

| 

I am coughing for last one month. Do I have tuberculosis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 33 years old. I am coughing from last 1 month. In between, it was alright but again started. I do not have any fever, nor chest pain. Even the sputum which comes out is also normal in color. I do not have any problem with sleeping or normal breathing. But, in case when I breathe out...  Read Full »

What causes black cracks in teeth?

Query: Hello doctor, While looking at my teeth the other day, I noticed what looked like cracks in my molar teeth  (2nd from the back) on either side. Recently, I went to the dentist for a cleaning and also was complaining about sensitive teeth to both hot and cold. On both these teeth, I have a bit of ...  Read Full »

Why is the lymph node in my throat swollen and painful?

Query: Hello doctor, My right lymph node on my throat is swollen and my throat hurts on the right side but is not scratchy. I have had this for four days with no other symptoms. I was recently on multiple antibiotics for a bacterial infection but am no longer on them. I am female, 19 years old, 115 lbs. O...  Read Full »

What should I take to relieve Flagyl induced constipation?
Hello doctor, I am a 29-year-old female. I am trying to overcome constipation caused by the Flagyl antibiotic, and I do...  Read more»
How long should my dad continue the same dosage of medicines after a stent surgery?
Hello doctor, My father had a heart stent operation six months ago. Doctor prescribed some medicines, and still, he is u...  Read more»