Q. Is fatigue a sign of labor?

Dr. Uzma Arqam
Published on Nov 12, 2019 and last reviewed on: Nov 14, 2019

Is fatigue a sign of labor? What are the early signs of labor? How to find the difference between normal fatigue and fatigue that is abnormal or unusual? Please give some tips on combating pregnancy fatigue? What to do if someone is experiencing high levels of fatigue at the end of pregnancy? Can it be a sign of something else?

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

As pregnancy advances, the plasma volume increases and subsequently the iron supplements reduces. This reduction in hemoglobin cause weakness, and in advanced pregnancy stage due to big stomach, there will be backpain and weakness. But it is necessary to differentiate labor pain and backpain. Backpain in association with urinary tract infection, vaginal or pelvic infection, cervical incompetence, and previous history of preterm birth can trigger labor pain. Getting treatment for the health issues will avoid triggering effects.

Fatigue is not necessarily a sign if labour. Pain in the abdomen from back to down in an episodic manner along with leakage or water discharge, unable to stand or walk due to pain, all these can be signs of labour. Pale face, cyanosed blue nails, headache, vertigo without any sickness is not normal. Balanced diet, iron and calcium supplements, and daily walk can avoid fatigue. Warm water baths, olive oil massage, and recreational activities can avoid symptoms.

I have constant lower back pain for many years. What can be the cause?

Query: Hi doctor,I have seen many doctors regarding lower back problems since the past two years. I have had two courses of physiotherapy with no real improvement and cortisone injections, which also did not help. I have also had two CT scans and an MRI, and I have attached the reports. I am also prescrib...  Read Full »

I was told I may have Crohn's. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 48 year old female. History of malnutrition caused by stomach issues that still have not been officially diagnosed but I am told I may have Crohn's. I have chronic pain and seeing a pain specialist for stomach and migraine-related pain. My symptoms are: Severe fatigue. Body...  Read Full »

Is Vaginal Birth Possible after a Caesarean Delivery?

Article Overview: In the earlier days the norm was 'once a caesarean, then always a caesarean'. Nowadays it has changed quite a lot due to advances in medical sciences, and also due to the awareness of the advantages of normal delivery over caesarean. Read Article

Dr. Sabita Laskar

There are few factors on which a successful vaginal birth following a Caesarean delivery (C-section) depends. Your chances for a normal delivery are good if: You have already had only one C-section. You have had a normal delivery after a C-section. Yours is an uncomplicated pregnancy w...  Read Article