Q. I was told I may have Crohn's. What should I do?

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 14, 2018 and last reviewed on: Feb 05, 2021

I am a 48 year old female. History of malnutrition caused by stomach issues that still have not been officially diagnosed but I am told I may have Crohn's. I have chronic pain and seeing a pain specialist for stomach and migraine-related pain. My symptoms are:

• Severe fatigue.
  • Body aches.
  • Headache on and off.
  • Postnasal drip.
  • Mild sore throat.
  • Shortness of breath.
  • Upper back pain on the left side when I breathe deeply.

When I had similar symptoms in fall, I was diagnosed at urgent care with bronchitis. I was given a breathing treatment, inhaler, and antibiotics. I started feeling a little better, then it came back in winter. I have felt poorly since then, but not this bad.

#

Calprotectin is a simple non-invasive stool test that can exclude Crohn's disease.

Regarding your stomach pain, I suggest that you take Controloc 40 mg (Pantoprazole) once daily at morning. It is very effective. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.

Regarding your chest problem, I am afraid that you have another episode of bronchitis that will require chest X-ray and some blood tests to confirm.

As for your back pain and muscle ache, I suggest local Voltragen gel and deep heat creams.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|