Q. Will overworking in front of the computer cause body pain and headache?

Dr. N. Ashok Viswanath
and medically reviewed by Dr. Sushrutha Muralidharan

I have a sore throat, and I have body pain, but I do not have any fever at all. Headaches come and go. My eyes feel like it is burning. I am not sure if this is over fatigue by working the whole day with a computer in front of me. I am taking Paracetamol Biogesic. Kindly help me.

#

Prolonged working with a computer can cause eye irritation and headache. Prolonged sitting in the same position can cause body pain due to increased muscle stiffness during sitting. Your symptoms are probably due to overworking with the computer along with the humid climate. Do not worry. There are few things that you can follow which can make you feel better. Take a warm bath twice a day. Take hot sips of green tea twice or thrice a day. Avoid prolonged working with computer and take small rests in-between, do stretching exercises in-between. You can use Carboxymethylcellulose eye drops 1 to 2 drops three to four times a day. Take nutritious food rich in vitamins and minerals. Avoid oily and fatty food items. You can have warm milk with turmeric and ginger twice a day, preferably in the early morning and night. Gargle your mouth with salt water before going to bed at night. You can use the over the counter analgesics like Paracetamol when you have severe body pain. Avoid coffee and sugar-sweetened beverages. You can take Multivitamin and mineral tablets daily for a month in the morning. Include vitamin C-rich fruits like lemon and sweet lime. Try to include yoga and mild exercise in your routine for at least 15 to 30 minutes. Stay hydrated, no need to worry. You will be fine. Take care. Please get back if you have further doubts.

I would like to confirm if you can provide a medical certificate because I am not going to work today because of this matter. I need to submit it to my supervisor.

#

We will not be able to provide you with the medical certificate for the online consultation. We regret not being able to help you with this. Medical certificates for the purpose of applying for leave are to be issued by the registered medical practitioner registered with your state medical council of the country.

I hope this was helpful.

|