iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersObstetrics and Gynecologysex during pregnancyI have stomach and back pain. Can I be pregnant?

Does having stomach and back pain indicate pregnancy?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At June 1, 2023
Reviewed AtOctober 6, 2023

Patient's Query

I had sex last month while I was on my period and I used Postinorr after all. I went for a scan after noticing a white discharge on my undergarment and I was told I had a PID infection. On that same day, I saw a brown discharge but the doctor told me maybe it was my period. After that, I had my period twice in the same month for four days. My question is even after using all the medication prescribed I still get symptoms like stomach pain and back pain. Sometimes this feeling does fluctuate. I am scared. Can it be a pregnancy?

I have gone through your case and I understand your concern. As per your description, if you had intercourse on your menstrual day after that there was no physical contact then there is no chance of getting pregnant. Sometimes during ovulation (around the 14th day of the cycle ) some spotting or slight bleeding may occur, which is normal. The pain you are suffering from must be PID (pelvic inflammatory disease). May I know which medications you took and for how many days? I hope this information helps you, for further queries you can reconnect.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Sanap Sneha Umrao
Dr. Sanap Sneha Umrao

Obstetrics and Gynecology

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Obstetrics and Gynecology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy