Sinus Arrhythmia

Please explain the status of my ECG report.

Query: Hello doctor, My ECG report shows: 800 normal sinus rhythm. 331 negative PV1. Left atrial enlargement. 500 RSR pattern in V1/V2. What is my status?  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The limited details provided in the query suggest that your heart is racing at the normal rhythm that is known medically as sinus rhythm. There is enlargement of the left-sided upper chamber of the heart named atrium that receives blood from the lungs after the lungs...  Read Full »

My ECG shows normal sinus rhythm with arrhythmia. Is this normal?

Query: Hello doctor, Normal sinus rhythm with sinus arrhythmia shows ECG reports. Please advise is it good, or do I need to take any action?  Read Full »

Dr. Malay Shukla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your query has probably three parts. 1. No sinus arrhythmia in an otherwise asymptomatic individual with no major diseases is not of any concern. Less than 30 % of people below 31 years of age have sinus arrhythmia. Do not worry at all with sinus arrhythmia in your ...  Read Full »

Is sinus arrhythmia a serious condition?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 21 years old and never had any issues of bad health. I recently woke up a few days ago with an irregular heartbeat, and it felt weird. Like 1-2-1-2-123-1-2 so on. So I went to the doctor. I had an ECG done, and the doctor told me it was sinus arrhythmia, and he was not at all wor...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Cardiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. An irregular heartbeat can be very much normal in healthy people and also sometimes abnormal. Premature ventricular contractions (PVCs) are normal sometimes. On the other hand, paroxysmal atrial fibrillation is abnormal rhythm, that has long term complications. These...  Read Full »

Could my father's bradycardia be linked to his thyroid gland disorder?

Query: Hello doctor, My father was diagnosed with thyroid gland disorder wherein T3 and T4 levels come as normal in results while TSH is pretty much high. Sometimes, the TSH value rises to 100. He has been on Levothyroxine or Eltroxin 100 mcg for the last 17 to 18 years now. Lately, he was hospitalized f...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, from the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) it appears that he is having bradycardia and sinus arrhythmia, but no tachycardia. So, according to me, electrophysiology (EP) studies may be helpful, but not necessary. It could be due to thy...  Read Full »

How to identify the reason for palpitations?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from heart palpitations. Also, I have occasional breathlessness. For a while, I used Propranolol. But, it did not work. So, the doctor asked me to do a thyroid test and the result was normal. I do not know what to do. Please help  Read Full »

Dr. Rishu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Palpitations can be out of two types. Sinus arrhythmia (only fast heart rate, but rhythm is normal) and this is not to be worried. Arrhythmias - There are many types of arrhythmias, some are atrial in origin and some are ventricular in origin. If your thyroid...  Read Full »

ECG shows sinus arrhythmia and T-wave abnormality. Should I see a cardiologist?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 32 years old. I went through a medical fitness test for employment. While going through an ECG, it showed sinus arrhythmia and T wave abnormality (V4, V5, V6) and it has got me worried whether I am unwell. I do not feel anything wrong with me when I walk for 4 km three times a week. I...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your ECG. There are nonsignificant changes and it is considered normal. Whatever is mentioned on the ECG is a machine-generated report and is frequently inaccurate. So, there is no need to worry or do an echo. Sinus arrhythmia is also a normal phe...  Read Full »

What does sinus arrhythmia indicate?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 35 year old male. I had an ECG done early in the morning immediately after waking up from sleep. It was 60 bpm. Later, on the same day, I took another ECG in the hospital and it was 83 bpm. It was mentioned on as a normal sinus rhythm with sinus arrhythmia. What does it mean?  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Pillai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sinus arrhythmia is an entirely normal phenomenon. It just means your pacemaker of the heart. The sinus node will react well to everyday stressors and activity. It is natural to have a low heart rate of 60 during early morning and 83 as your activity progresses. Be assur...  Read Full »

I have inappropriate sinus tachycardia. Should I get a pacemaker?

Query: Hi doctor, I had been diagnosed with inappropriate sinus tachycardia nearly two years back. I have dizziness, chest pain, shortness of breath, not able to exercise, and anxiety. I am currently managing my symptoms with Ivabradine 5 mg, once a day, but the quality of life is very poor due to which ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, do not get depressed, this is not a life-threatening condition, and may resolve with time. The symptoms may be troublesome for some time. How much are your resting and maximum heart rate? You should get yourself evaluated by a psychiatrist for anxiety and...  Read Full »

Please give a suggestion regarding the minor change seen in my ECG.

Query: Hi doctor, I went for an annual health checkup and found there was a minor change in the ECG. I am 28 years old. My weight is 80 kg and height is 163 cm. My BMI is 30 and waist circumference is 90. My BP 130/90 mmHg. I am also attaching my ECG report to you. I need your suggestion. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Cardiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your age is 28 and you are obese. Your electrocardiogram (ECG) is normal and no need to worry. The minor changes are hyperacute T waves that may be due to increased potassium levels in blood, but no need to worry. There is day-to-day variation in potassium levels dependin...  Read Full »