Q. What does sinus arrhythmia indicate?

Dr. Vivek Pillai
Published on Oct 18, 2017

I am a 35 year old male. I had an ECG done early in the morning immediately after waking up from sleep. It was 60 bpm. Later, on the same day, I took another ECG in the hospital and it was 83 bpm. It was mentioned on as a normal sinus rhythm with sinus arrhythmia. What does it mean?

Dr. Vivek Pillai

Cardiology
#

• Sinus arrhythmia is an entirely normal phenomenon. It just means your pacemaker of the heart. The sinus node will react well to everyday stressors and activity. It is natural to have a low heart rate of 60 during early morning and 83 as your activity progresses.

Be assured. All the best.

For further queries consult a cardiologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

What could be the reason for my irregular heart rhythms?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 68 years old with a weight of 76 kg and a height of 5 feet 9 inches. I had a bypass surgery seven years ago. I used to walk 45 minutes daily. I feel completely fit and fine. A week ago, I felt that my heart rhythm was irregular. After going through a Holter test, I found that my ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Ganesh P Sapkal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the first page of the Holter report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You seem to have supraventricular tachycardia episodes likely atrial fibrillation or flutter. You have sinus pauses and sinus arrest suggesting sinus node dysf...  Read Full

Why are palpitations occurring even after pacemaker implantation?

Query: Hello doctor,My 71-year-old father was admitted to the hospital for palpitation occurrence and fast heart beating at 143 beats per minute. He was feeling dizziness in the morning. He was given injections to reduce the heart rate and has taken Holter monitoring for one day. He had previously undergon...  Read Full >>

Dr. Ganesh P Sapkal

Answer: Hello, Welcome back to icliniq.com. I have gone through the report that you have provided. He is having the tachycardia-bradycardia syndrome. In this case, the pacemaker avoids his bradycardia episodes only. For his tachycardia episodes, drugs can be given. Sometimes the drug controls it perfectly...  Read Full

Treat Tachycardia (increased heart rate) with Home Remedies!!

Article Overview: This article discusses in detail the home remedies to control heart rate. Read Article

Tachycardia means increased heart rate above the normal limit. The normal range of heart rate is 70 to 100 beats per minute. Usually the term tachycardia means heart rate above 100 beats per minute. Tachycardia increases the rhythm and rate of any two chambers or all chambers of the heart. Heart rat...  Read Article