Q. My ECG shows normal sinus rhythm with arrhythmia. Kindly help.

Dr. Malay Shukla
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Oct 09, 2019

Normal sinus rhythm with sinus arrhythmia shows ECG reports. Please advise is it good, or do I need to take any action?

Dr. Malay Shukla

Cardiology
#

Your query has probably three parts.

1. No sinus arrhythmia in an otherwise asymptomatic individual with no major diseases is not of any concern. Less than 30 % of people below 31 years of age have sinus arrhythmia. Do not worry at all with sinus arrhythmia in your case.

2. No, sinus arrhythmia does not rule out or rule in heart disease in your case.

3. I have chest pain? What to do? Although I do not have details of the characteristics of chest pain like onset and offset, character, duration, and radiation, etc., hence, I will not be able to say definitively what kind of pain is that but I would encourage you to tell more details about the chest pain as I mentioned, also family history, and then appropriate course can be decided. As a blinded measure, I can advise a treadmill test.

Could my father's bradycardia be linked to his thyroid gland disorder?

Query: Hello doctor, My father was diagnosed with thyroid gland disorder wherein T3 and T4 levels come as normal in results while TSH is pretty much high. Sometimes, the TSH value rises to 100. He has been on Levothyroxine or Eltroxin 100 mcg for the last 17 to 18 years now. Lately, he was hospitalized f...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, from the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) it appears that he is having bradycardia and sinus arrhythmia, but no tachycardia. So, according to me, electrophysiology (EP) studies may be helpful, but not necessary. It could be due to thy...  Read Full

How to identify the reason for palpitations?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from heart palpitations. Also, I have occasional breathlessness. For a while, I used Propranolol. But, it did not work. So, the doctor asked me to do a thyroid test and the result was normal. I do not know what to do. Please help  Read Full >>

Dr. Rishu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Palpitations can be out of two types. Sinus arrhythmia (only fast heart rate, but rhythm is normal) and this is not to be worried. Arrhythmias - There are many types of arrhythmias, some are atrial in origin and some are ventricular in origin. If your thyroid...  Read Full