Q. My ECG shows normal sinus rhythm with arrhythmia. Kindly help.

Dr. Malay Shukla

Normal sinus rhythm with sinus arrhythmia shows ECG reports. Please advise is it good, or do I need to take any action?

#

Your query has probably three parts.

1. No sinus arrhythmia in an otherwise asymptomatic individual with no major diseases is not of any concern. Less than 30 % of people below 31 years of age have sinus arrhythmia. Do not worry at all with sinus arrhythmia in your case.

2. No, sinus arrhythmia does not rule out or rule in heart disease in your case.

3. I have chest pain? What to do? Although I do not have details of the characteristics of chest pain like onset and offset, character, duration, and radiation, etc., hence, I will not be able to say definitively what kind of pain is that but I would encourage you to tell more details about the chest pain as I mentioned, also family history, and then appropriate course can be decided. As a blinded measure, I can advise a treadmill test.

|