Q. Please interpret my ECG report taken for general check up.

I took free ECG on apple watch, can you let me know if they are normal?

#

Yes, all ECGs (electrocardiography) are fine, without any significant abnormalities. These are primarily used and reliable for rhythm monitoring only, rather than other issues as they are not standardized and do not have all required leads.

Technically speaking, they show some motion artifacts, episodes of sinus tachycardia and sinus arrhythmias, which is fine to have. So there is nothing alarming regarding rhythms in the ECGs.

Can you please explain what sinus arrhythmias is? Also, it just looked to me that in one ECG everything was just lower than the others, am I imagining?

#

Sinus arrhythmia is a change in heart rate with respiration, increasing during inspiration and decreasing while expiration, which is a normal phenomenon.

You are right, complexes are low voltage in one of ECGs, but as I mentioned, it is not reliable to comment on that part in these ECG. Also, if it was truly low voltage then it should have been seen in all the ECG tracings.

Low voltage complexes are seen in patients with obesity lung disorders or fluid around the heart, but then one would be symptomatic and all ECG would show low voltage complexes and it is not an intermittent finding. So probably not significant.

Is there anything that could have caused the low voltage that is not a heart problem? Wet fingering the device or something like that? I am trying to understand if there is a reason to be concerned.

#

Basically low voltage complexes mean there is some resistance to current flow to the ECG device due to some intervening medium. Now if there is an obesity there it is a fat, if there is fluid around the heart there it is fluid which prevents current flow to device giving low voltage complexes.

Now in your case, it was either less use of conductor jelly, there is some insulation in between the skin and electrodes like clothing or water, etc. So just try to recall what were the different factors during that ECG capture and you might be able to come to conclusion. Just repeat ECG one more time and see if it normalizes, just for additional mental peace.

I took another one attached. Is it fine? If I washed the dishes before taking the first one and my finger was still a bit wet, could it have affected the results?

#

Yes, this one is fine. Yes, a wet finger might have caused it or loosely attached device may cause it.

|