Q. I had Mucoram pill along with Rhinocort spray. Do they interact?

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 06, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jan 10, 2020

I took a Mucoram pill along with Rhinocort spray. Then, I had hyperventilating difficulty. I could not swallow and I cannot balance myself and felt more tired and weak. I feel that my brain became numb for a month. After a month, I am good now. But, still I feel some pressure and continuous pulse in my head all day. My blood tests are all normal. Please help.

#

I read your question and I understand your concern.

• Mucoram (Ambroxol Hydrochloride) is a mucolytic and Rhinocort is a corticosteroid Budesonide. Together their use with no prior history of some chronic obstructive pulmonary disease like asthma makes it likely either a respiratory tract infection or a sinusitis as pressure in the head with throbbing and pulsatile headaches, visual blurring and feeling heavy in the head all is explained by it.
  • With seasonal variation and weather change these symptoms could be attributed to the allergic conditions like rhinitis, bronchitis as shortness of breath and hyperventilation needs elaboration and this explains it.
  • Sinusitis and airways infection can also give tachypnea (increased respiratory rate) and shortness of breath.
  • Nutshell it needs symptomatic remedies, antihistamines, allergen immunotherapy, avoidance of dust and other allergens and avoidance of stimulants like beverages as cola, spices, etc., as those may worsen the throat and airways symptoms.
  • Regarding medication used in combination suspicion, I want you to know that these two do not interact and cannot be responsible for your symptoms after a month of intake when their half life is hardly a few hours and they completely leaves the body within a day.
  • Use some humidifier at home, hot beverages like green tea or herbal tea mixed with honey and throat lozenges will also help.
  • Talk to an allergist or immunologist or an internist for physical evaluation and let them help with you in this regard.

Allergies, recent sore throat, cold flu and seasonal variation.

1. Pulmonary functions test.
2. Allergen immunotherapy.
3. Allergen sensitivity test.
4. Peak flow meter.
5. FEV1 (forced expiratory volume in the first second)

1. Allergic bronchitis.
2. Sinusitis.
3. Laryngitis.
4. Pharyngitis.
5. Asthma.

Sinusitis.

Decongestants, mucolytics and home remedies.

Avoid allergens, pollens, use humidifiers and avoid beverages, cold drinks and spices.

For further information consult a neurologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

|