Common "Allergic Bronchitis" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Allergic Bronchitis

Allergen-induced inflammation of the bronchi is termed allergic bronchitis. It may be caused by allergens like pollution, tobacco smoke, and pollen dust or allergic substances of the person itself. It is manifested by fatigue, tightness of the chest, wheezing, and cough with mucus. It can lead to pneumonia, which eventually may lead to septicmia. Bronchodilators, steroids, mucolytics, oxygen therapy, and pulmonary rehabilitation help in treating it.