Allergic Bronchitis

What can be done for severe dry cough and sore throat?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is 56 years old. For last one month or so she is suffering from a sore throat and dry cough. Cough is severe. Throat problem improves and detoriates periodically. She has a history of an asthmatic problem. We have consulted doctors and she has taken three courses of antibiot...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have evaluated the history and reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems she is suffering from chronic allergic bronchitis. Now, her chest X-ray is non-specific. My recommendations would be first of all to get a CECT chest and a pulmonary func...  Read Full »

Why do I have cough periodically?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an electrical engineering student. My age is 21 years. I have been facing some problems in the last five years. I get cough almost every month. When I get cough, I feel uneasy. If I do not take any medicine, water comes out of my nose and irritates me. I consulted many doctors. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Rathee

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is clear from your case history and symptoms that you are suffering from two disorders namely: Allergic rhinitis. Allergic bronchitis. Kindly get the following tests done from a good lab so that I can evaluate your reports and prescribe you the appropriate ...  Read Full »

How do I know if I am allergic to a specific thing?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 19 years old male. My IgE levels in the past two years were 1411 and 869.0 IU/mL respectively. Do I need to check now? Also the absolute eosinophil counts were 800 and 240. My TSH was high and it got treated. I feel allergic to dust, eggplant (tongue itch), perfume, fragrance, etc...  Read Full »

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems you do have allergy tendencies in your body which are associated with asthma or allergic bronchitis and high IgE levels. Also you have associated skin issues like urticaria or atopic dermatitis which are all connected together. Well, the first line is usually...  Read Full »

Is there any permanent solution for wheezing and dust allergy?

Query: Hello Doctor, I am 31 years old.  I have a history of eosinophilia and dust allergy since the age of 12 years.  The onset of eosinophilia and dust allergy has become more frequent since I moved to Bangalore (5-6 years).  Sometimes I suffer wheezing, running nose and watery eyes.  Since, last two...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to say that bronchial asthma or allergic bronchitis is just controllable and not completely curable. Following are the answers for your questions: 1. You should avoid Glemont-F. Reserve it only for acute exacerbations. Try to control your problem with inhale...  Read Full »

Do high eosinophil count and low Hb level indicate allergic reaction?

Query: Hi doctor, The patient is a 27 year old female who has been suffered from hay fever for some years. Now, she has now been referred to the Chest Clinic with breathing difficulties. She has commented that her condition appears to worsen when she visits her friend, who is a cat owner. On examination, ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.The history and reports are suggestive towards allergic bronchitis, or asthma-like condition. The wheezing is indicative of bronchoconstriction (attachment removed to protect patient identity).Low hemoglobin value evaluated separately with peripheral smear examination and a...  Read Full »

I have pain in ribs and breathing problems. Is it a sign of lung cancer?

Query: Hi doctor, For past four weeks, I have pain in my ribs. Also, I am experiencing breathing problems. It feels like something has stuck in the heart. For, a few days pain has been decreased. But breathing problem persists. I am also experiencing pain in my lower back. The pain is massive at night tim...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Such symptoms are seen in the following conditions: 1. Heart diseases. 2. Pneumonia or Pleural Effusion. 3. Acidity or muscular pain. Now to be on the safer side, I would recommend you to get a Chest x-ray and ECG done. Based on the reports, we would discuss the tre...  Read Full »

I have flu from a couple of weeks. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 64 year old male, and I weight 80 kg, and my height is 1.62 m. I have this terrible flu from the last couple of weeks. I had three courses of antibiotic Clarithromycin for three days only, and I think that is the reason that the virus became stronger. I was also given two pills of ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, you do not have any virus. The virus does not survive in the body for more than five days. The second thing is, viruses are not killed by any antibiotics. You are actually suffering from acute allergic bronchitis, and this requires patience and symptomatic ...  Read Full »

What causes frequent sneezing, wheezing and cough during cold climate?

Query: Hi doctor, I have frequent sneezing during cold climate. I have wheezing and cough. I used several medicines for seven years. I have no problem with the heart, and I do not have asthma.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed your query and here is my advise. Your symptoms are suggestive of allergic bronchitis. You are having an allergy to cold as per mentioned in the history. I suggest you investigate your CBC (complete blood count) and spirometry to assess the severity and ...  Read Full »

I have discomfort in my lungs after some strenuous work. What can I do?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 50 years old, 210 lbs. I fixed an issue in my attic on Sunday. The work was strenuous but lasted 10 minutes. I did not wear a mask. My home dates from 1923 and the insulation in rock wool. All unchanged since being built, the mold and or fibers deeply penetrated my lungs and I have...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concerns. From what you mentioned, most likely you have an allergic reaction from the materials you have been exposed to. You should not worry about it as a permanent effect is less likely as you have not been exposed for a prolonged period. Exposu...  Read Full »

Is there a permanent cure for Sneezing?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 20 year old male suffering from sneezing problem since last 3-4 years. My height is 172 cm and I am 58 kg weight. Daily I am sneezing in the morning and following that if I do not take medicine then I will get high fever and cold along with it. The sneeze only temporarily relieved...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.I have looked through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Also, I wish to know the following details to make a more decisive diagnosis. Regarding breathing problem and eosinophilia, what was the breathing trouble you had in the past? What med...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.